Welcome home Roy Williams

I think thsi trade will help TO with another good reciever means he prob wont attract all the attention of the defense.

Just more reason for dissention in Dallas....
Now TO has to share the ball all the more, that won't go over well with him.

Jimbo
TO just wants to win. After Dallas beat GB in week 3 you didn't hear a peep from him, and he only had 2 catches for 17 yards....

This is big news and will reduce coverage on TO. But someone has to be able to throw the deep ball for the next 4 weeks.

The lions are usually known for bone head moves, but I think Dallas gave up quite a bit 1,3 and 6th round pick....Wow

This is Roy Williams....anyways I will take the picks, I just think dallas gave up too much

I think roy will be happy being a number 2

I have to give Detroit :up:up for this first post Millen move. If he was still in charge they would have done nothing and Roy would have moved on without getting anything for him.

I have to give Detroit :up:up for this first post Millen move. If he was still in charge they would have done nothing and Roy would have moved on without getting anything for him.

+1 :up A 1, 3 and 6 for a wide receiver???

Is Jerry Jones on drugs???? :eek:

Dallas gave up way to much for Roy. Three draft picks and there is no guarantee that he will be in Dallas next year.

absolutely! He may be a rental and Detroits' NEW GM...who ever that is....made a VERY shrewed move....3 picks! Almost like a Herschel Walker lite type move....

I think Roy Williams signed a five year extension in Dallas sorry no links just what ESPNEWS was reporting yesterday

Personally, I think both sides got a good deal out of this trade. Williams is a 1st round talent, who already bypassed the growing pains of a typical WR's first few years in the NFL. Plus, the Cowboys had two 3rd round picks this year, so they still had another pick in that round to fall back on.

Think about it. WR's don't usually come into the league and contribute right away as a rookie. Roy Williams is a proven play maker and is only 26 years old. Terrell Owens is 34. Jerry Jones wants to ensure that his team is exciting and competitive now and in the near future when they move into their new state-of-the-art stadium.

With that said, there is absolutely no reason why this offense can't overcome their playoff woes now. If all these offensive weapons stay healthy, there should be no excuse. On paper anyways, this has to be one of the scariest offenses EVER assembled!....

QB: Tony Romo
RB: Marion Barber
RB: Felix Jones
WR: Terrell Owens
WR: Roy Williams
TE: Jason Witten

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts