Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hi everyone, happy to be aboard. Semi-retired down in hurricane land Florida. Hope to learn much from all the members here and wish you all a Happy New Year.

Hello! Looks like I have finally found the finest info source on my new hobby. Well, new to FTA anyway. Just got a coolsat 5000 platinum and getting ready to put it to the test. Hope to find threads on the coolsats that are useful in the fine tuning and also in getting my dish pointed in the right direction. It's all starting to come back to me now. Anyway, hello everyone.

Welcome to all 1000 new members who joined our forum in the past 8 days!

We are now 34,000 members strong!

:welcome

Been a member for a long time, but had just been lurking. Going HD on the big dish and realize it is time to get help. Good to be here.

Brian in CT

newbie says hi

Just wanted to take a moment and say hi to everybody. I currently have D* but on the 21st I am switching to E* mostly because of the new hd stations that they are adding or be adding in the future. I am getting the 942 and the 811 receiver. I paid $250 for the 942 and really don't want to send $299 to upgrade that receiver. I called last week to try and get the 211 in place of the811. Was told to call back within 3 days of them setting me up to get the 211. I will wait until April to get the 642. If anybody has any ideas on what is the best way to get a 211 I would like to know about it. Thanks:)

Hi All: Feels good to become a member of the Satellite Guys Family I Know from
much perusing here that I will learn Much & sincerely hope that I may
eventually be able to contribute smething in the future. It's a great
site with many very knowledgeable Members.

Hi all

New member. Not my 1st post bu thought I'd say hi here.

Looking to get either E* or D* but leaning more towards E*. Had E* (non-HD) for a while (socal market, AT60 with locals), I moved but will be looking to get something in the next couple of months. Any helpful advice, tips would be welcome.

Hello, newbie subscriber here but a long time viewer of the website. I've been a HD E* sub since 2001 along with being a broken hearted ex-voomer. I've enjoyed and appreciated all the member views and opinions over the years as the programming offerings have increased and HD PQ appears moving in the opposite direction. The recent news from CES to buy more new equipment while we raise the price of your programming has left me cold. It's prompted me to want to join in on the discussion.

New to Forum here today but long time observer....long time sub of "DISH" and other sat providers for many years now and am a very curious "electronics and computer/sat" hobbiest as well. Sight looked interesting so joined up. Nice looking and interesting place. Been in this stuff for many years now.

SR-71

directcj, BillA, SR-71 and everyone else: Welcome to the forum!
Thank you for joining in!

:wave

New Here!

Hello Guys!

Im stranded here for the first Time - and must say a very nice Forum!:)

Im from Austria and have a Sold Dish with 2,4 meters in C & KU-band and can receive all Birds from 90° East till 58° West.

Regards satdx!;)

Welcome aboard, satdx and all 1000 new members who joined our forum in the past six days! :wave