Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hello every one. Hope you all have a Happy New Year. I just got back into c-band satellite. I purchased my system in 1992 from Home Cable Concepts. I really enjoyed it. I used it until 1998. But I was scammed into getting a Dish Network system (supposed to have won it in a drawing, but paid $10.00 a month lease fee for 9 years). I had to reposition my dish and run all the cable, hooked it all to my original GI 450i reciever only to find most programming had went digital. I also found that my dish arm mover did not work right from setting up so long. I found a site through this forum to buy a new dish mover. Once I had it installed, I began searching for a digital reciever. A friend of mine had a GI 920 4Dtv reciever, I bought it for $100.00 and have been C-Band subscriber since Nov. 2007.

I just found this forum. I've been dish person for about 6 yrs. Just Bought an Olevia 237t TV and am trying to figure what to do with it. Trying to justify HD, but am interested in DVR recording. I hope to find valuable information. Thanks

Hi

Hello from Montreal, I'm new to this site. Who can help me with my problem? I have a Dish Network PVR (9200N), would like to transfer my recorded programs to my Samsung DVD Recorder (DVD-R130). Bell Canada help desk say it's not possible, can someone prove them wrong?

Thanks

Hello

Hi:
New here - trying to decide between DishHD and DirectHD.
Lots of good info in the forums - thanks for sharing!

newbie...

good afternoon all...FTA newbie here ...just bought a Viewsat Ultra VS2000 with 18" dish and single lnb...hoping to be up and running soon...but with all the technical jargon...will take a while...elevation,azimuth,.pgm files...downloads...etc...up...down...time will tell..tx in advance.../mkf

New To Site!

:hatsoff:HELLO TO EVERYONE I FOUND YOU GUY'S BY ACCIDENT BUT THIS LOOK'S LIKE A GOOD PLACE TO CALL HOME. AM NEW SO I MIGHT NEED HELP . I'LL READ TO GET UP TO SPEED!!! THANK'S AND HAPPY NEW YEAR..

Hi

:)Hi, I'm new to this forum, but not to direct tv. I was an early adopter back in 1995. I pd $1000.00 :eek: for my initial set up. then a few years ago $400.00:mad: to get the cabeling into every room in the house. Now I'm running just 3 sets in 3 different rooms. Some day I'll go HD. I'm going to wait till there's a deal for existing customers. I have a DVR and am very satisfied with it. :D Sandwich