Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

trying to activate HD settings on an 8300hdc box..im sure its already been posted. can anyone point in the direction of where to find those instructions?

thanks!

Hello,

My name is Adam.
I'm an engineer from Possum Trot, KY (When I'm there it's Awesome Trot!)
I joined here over the weekend for two reasons. My parents, who I've moved closer to, have had Dish Network for years and recently purchased their second HDTV. Since I am now closer to home I've become their tech-guy and I was wanting to gain more info to help them out.

Secondly, with my new home, I am now the owner of my first HDTV and first time subscriber to DirecTV (What can I say? I love Dish, but I love local HD more), and I heard that this is the best place to hear the latest info from them as well.

Thank you for the warm welcome and polite atmosphere (unlike some other forums). I hope to contribute to the community. :)

--Adam

Hello,

My name is Adam.
I'm an engineer from Possum Trot, KY (When I'm there it's Awesome Trot!)
I joined here over the weekend for two reasons. My parents, who I've moved closer to, have had Dish Network for years and recently purchased their second HDTV. Since I am now closer to home I've become their tech-guy and I was wanting to gain more info to help them out.

Secondly, with my new home, I am now the owner of my first HDTV and first time subscriber to DirecTV (What can I say? I love Dish, but I love local HD more), and I heard that this is the best place to hear the latest info from them as well.

Thank you for the warm welcome and polite atmosphere (unlike some other forums). I hope to contribute to the community. :)

--Adam

Hi Adam, Possum Trot is a unique name for sure. Congrats on the new home and new HDTV!

:welcome

Hi from Spain

Hi I am Now living in Spain in the Mar Menor Costa Calida
originally from England UK
hope you will be able to help me out with sat probs

Nice to meet you all

Colin:up:up:up:):):)
I

Hi, I just found this site and wanted to say hello to everybody. I'm from Des Moines, Iowa. I used to be a satellite technician for both companies and am now in satellite sales. Hope everyone enjoyed their holidays!

I wanted to take a moment to welcome all our new members to SatelliteGuys.US! Yesterday was the busiest new member signups day ever in the history of SatelliteGuys.US with 175 new members joining us!

We want all of our members to feel at home here at SatelliteGuys, if you are a new member why not take a moment to say hello and tell us about yourself.

Welcome home to SatelliteGuys, we are happy to have you here!

Hi to all , I must admit I'm completley out of my element. I have never used a chat room or forum before, so I may make some mistakes, my love for music and the use of my home theatre is what brings me here,I'm a drummer and music is my life I have built a fairley decent home theatre and my intrest is in recording hd concerts. This brings me to my problem I have a Seagate 500 gb hard drive and a dish hd 722 reciever,after about a month the reciever wont reconise the drive I called Seagate and hooked the drive to my pc and it is not the problem,have got the run around from dish,HELP can any body point me in the right direction for help. Thanks and sorry for the long post.
Chivrolet

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi to all , I must admit I'm completley out of my element. I have never used a chat room or forum before, so I may make some mistakes, my love for music and the use of my home theatre is what brings me here,I'm a drummer and music is my life I have built a fairley decent home theatre and my intrest is in recording hd concerts. This brings me to my problem I have a Seagate 500 gb hard drive and a dish hd 722 reciever,after about a month the reciever wont reconise the drive I called Seagate and hooked the drive to my pc and it is not the problem,have got the run around from dish,HELP can any body point me in the right direction for help. Thanks and sorry for the long post.
Chivrolet

Hi Guys. I just joined and I wanted to jump in and introduce myself. My name is Chris, I am 26. and I have some experience in the satellite/cable installation field. I worked for Dish Network for a year, and I did Cable for Comcast for a year while I was going to school. I finished school and began working in what I thought was a "career", as a graphic designer. Long story short, turns out that as much as I enjoy what I do, I am NOT a 9-5 office type. I miss having tools, job-sites, a Van, being on roofs... working with my hands.
I know, sounds crazy, especially considering the winter weather that we have here in MI!
I thought this might be a "grass is greener" thing, so I rode it out.. for 18 months. But, I think this is an urge I need to indulge.
So, I am looking to get myself back into the installation field.
That sums me up... sorry for the long post, but I wanted to be concise.

Thanks Guys,
Chris

Welcome aboard everyone! :wave

Please keep in mind that this thread is basically to say Hi and to introduce yourself.
If you have any specific questions please explore our forum and post your questions in the corresponding sections.

Enjoy the forum!

Finally Signed Up

I've lurked on this forum for years, but I finally got around to signing up. I've been inactive with satellite stuff for the last few years but I'm finally getting back in to it. I've got a 10 foot dish, 4DTV 922 receiver, a couple of 1.5 meter Ku dishes, three or four FTA receivers, and three or four FTA computer cards. I got my first C-band dish (only 7 foot with an LNB) back in 1998 and have been adding on ever since.