Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

New Guy

Hi All.....

My name is Brad. Thanks for letting me join your group.:)

I have been using a C-Band system since the late 1980's. Started out with a Drake ESR 1724 and then upgraded to a 4dtv DSR 922 about 1995. Always set up my own systems and moved them from house to house while I was going where ever the Air Force sent me (served 22 years). Anyhow, joined this forum to explore the FTA opportunities. Subscription C-Band satellite TV cost is getting way out of hand and the programming choices (channels) are fewer and fewer every day.

That said, I am looking to set up my first FTA system. I have a winegard 7.5' mesh dish (linear actuator) with both c and ku band lnb's on it. Still have active programming on the 922 receiver through NPS and the dish is aligned as perfect as one can get it. I want to get a FTA box to slave into the 922 and explore the free TV world. I have been looking at some used pansat 9200 HD boxes with the S2 cards on ebay. Would this be a good receiver for me to learn with?

Thanks for any and all advise.....

just saying hello

hi everyone just joined your site today.my name is paul.iv been a tech for 8 years.ive done just about all aspects of sat,however i just contract for dish and direct now.:)i had got out of the bizz for 2 year and im glad to be back doin what i love to do:up!well hope to help others out and get helped out here myself.c-ya:hatsoff:

I wanted to take a moment to welcome all our new members to SatelliteGuys.US! Yesterday was the busiest new member signups day ever in the history of SatelliteGuys.US with 175 new members joining us!

We want all of our members to feel at home here at SatelliteGuys, if you are a new member why not take a moment to say hello and tell us about yourself.

Welcome home to SatelliteGuys, we are happy to have you here!
hello i am new and just want to say hello

Hey people...greetings from another newbie, been following the forum for a few years, got lots of info along the way setting up and maintaining my sat stuff. it seems to be the most informative forum in town.

Hope that you'll have some patience, as I may ask a redundant question now and then, but I will share any knowledge I have that others may need.

Good to be here.
Zeb

Hi, y'all. Pretty nice forum. I'm hoping that I can find a new or used reed sensor or complete dish mover for my 8' Radio Shack dish. I've looked everywhere. ARRRRRGGGHHHH.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Everyone!

Hello! Just another newbie here. I must say I've been a lurker for a while and I've been most impressed with all of the knowledge here when it comes to all things satellite. I live in southern Ky and am currently stuck with cable tv (Insight...it's ok, but not spectacular). I've flirted with the idea of switching to satellite tv, but unfortunately neither Dish nor Direct TV provide local channels in my DMA. I don't really want to sink money into OTA equipment, so I'm holding back hoping that this STELA bill will encourage the providers to uplink locals for my area. Until then, I'll try to pick up as much info as I can here, so I'll be prepared when the time comes to decide on a provider.

thanks guys!
AJ