Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Newbie arriving....

Hello folks!

I'm a retired Fire Chief and now operating an Awards and Engraving businesss using a CO2 Laser engraver. I've visited this site many times in my quest for info about getting Canadian Satellite TV in the US. Currently I'm using Comcast cable and internet---the service is good and the price horrible.

I currently live in the most NW county in the contiguous U.S. and as such we get canadian TV both Off-air and on our cable lineup. We plan to move to Montana in the future and will not be able to get the Canadian and local channels there that we've become fond of here. (Yes, I'm a hockey fan...). I'm leary of both the U.S. Satellite providers, having heard horror stories on fees, fees, fees, and customer service (Washington State is currently suing DirecTV). So thought I'd look into getting a Canadian satellite signal. So far I like what I see---programming looks good and fees more reasonable than the US. You're all welcome to tell me I'm wrong---I'm looking for an education on the subject.:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Everyone

Hello to Staff and Everyone.
New to this site Looks Great and Friendly. I have lots of Experience and Knowledge of this Hobby. 30 + years. Hope to be helpful.

Testing in Bermuda.
3 - 6ft Dishs 1 - 4ft Dish and DishPro LNB's and Dish Pro DPP44 Switch and Chieta 4x1 DiSEqC Switch. Sat 91.0w / 110.0w / 118.8w / 119.0w / 129.0w
Coolsat 5000 / 6000 / 8000 HD. / Pansat 250SM / 9200 HD.
Sonicview 360 Premier. Viewsat Ultra 2000. / Viesat MAX HD.
i Hub with NFPS. :up and the Weather Forecaster :up .
David.

Hello to all, new to all of this - need to learn about my new azbox premium hd which is still in the box. This place (site) looks real informative for learning things and help/fun.

new to this site

Just wanted to say hi to all, been looking around for a nice site for support.
I been out of the sat for awhile. just getting back in it.
I have a sonicview 360 pre and sonicview 4000 and neusat pro 2000.
am i using these boxes for door stoppers lol or is there still hope for at least 1 box? any help will be great. thanks guys

Hello everyone, I have been lurking and figured I had better register because I think I will be having some questions soon. I have just setup my first fta system and am pulling in some signals already so I am very stoked about the potential of this hobby. You all seem like a bunch of nice people and I look forward to getting to know you. For now I'm going back to searching for my answers and hopefully I am not the first person to have them but if I am I will ask. Hopefully once I start to learn more about this I can help those who post this same message after me ;)

Newbie at Sat Guys

Hi everyone,

New at Sat Guys. I read a lot & don't post much unless I'm really stumped. It's a "hobby" for me that goes back quite a bit. Since this is a "no Hack" site, I won't go into detail. I've installed a few dishes in my day & sighted them in myself with one of those $10.00 analog Satfinders.

I just installed a Slimline (not a SWM) for HD DTV (I am a paid subscriber up north) & I'm interested in getting one of those new HR-24 plus receivers. (I missed the Overstock offer) I bought the dish at a local yard sale & installed it on a pole mount outside. i set it up with the analog finder & checked it with a Hughes regular receiver. (94% at 101 & 100% at 110 & 119) I won't be able to fine tune it until I get my HR-24 receiver so I can use their Signal strength meter for the other sats.

I have 2 DTV receivers with Replay TV & TIVO, & a 36" motorized dish with a CoolSat 6000. here in SW Florida, I have 2 DTV receivers, 1 Replay TV, 1 Hd receiver, & 1HD DVR up north.

I have to learn more about the Slimline, the SWM, & the HR-24. That's why I'm here. So far, from what I've been reading, it's a good site with a lot of knowledgeable people.

Thanks for having me,

Mrgrip

Hello - Just found this site, and had some questions I thought could be answered here. I'm a novice at forums, and will try and find my way around. My knowledge of Sats is limited, but hey, I do have some practical experience if I can help. Thanks for letting me come aboard. Gary

Hello from Transilvania East Europe.
Few days ago i found this forum,and Tv-Dx and Sat-Dx its my hobby,sorry for my bad English,i found this forum very intresting and i want to learn from You.
Respectfully,
mouse.