Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hi, just joined and am looking forward to learning what I can about the FTA situation as it is today. I have had a 8.5' solid C-Band dish, a 4DTV 422 and an old Pansat 2500A.
Recently the arm which moves the dish broke down internally and I can no longer move the dish automatically. Since I am not sure about the future of the need for a big dish I would like to know about different dishes that would work with FTA receivers and to also find out which receivers are best on the market. I have Direct TV and am mainly interested in FTA for PBS and sporting events. I have been trying to manually aim the dish at G5 hoping to get AMC 21 on Ku but so far have not been able to lock it in. On G5 I have signal of 100 and quality of 98 but when I switch to the 2500A I can't get any quality reading what so ever. I have tried adjusting elevation, skew and moving the dish right and left but nothing has worked so far. Any ideas?

Very New and just married to one of the hottest ladies on this planet!! ( no pic request please ) Hi , I'm Mike! We are starting a home outside of Nashville !! We just bought a house and one of my favorite hobbies is TV watching. My wife and I are fresh out of college (university of FL) who found very good jobs around Nashville.

One thing I am very interested in is this free to air stuff. I hate paying for TV! Direct, Dish , Cable, I hate it and they can keep it!!
So to start with, Can someone point me to the right post for the newbie to get started on my free to air journey. Thanks and it's great to be a part of SatelliteGuys.com

Oh and by the way, I have a directv dish already installed on the roof so can I use this dish to get FTA stuff?
Thanks again!!

New to Site!

Hello Everyone! Love the website so far. I find it quite useful. So useful in fact, I have a question. I am an employee (6 years now) of a triple play service provider that utilizes Dish and DirecTV platforms in our MDU properties. I am currently recruiting for a few full time employee in Tempe, AZ and North New Jersey along with searching for knowledgeable contractors across the United States. Since this is the satellite forum, I thought I would ask where a good place would be to post a job around here or anywhere at minimal costs. I want people who really know what they are doing. I don't get the kind of knowledgeable candidates using Dice, Monster, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ahoy all satellite junkies, It's time for me to upgrade my dish to get rid of that pesky rain fade. Currently I have the standard "Dish Pro Plus" and know a few things but will need the advice of the satellite guys to put together a great system. I'm thinking about a keeping the Dish Pro to point to 110 and or 119 and adding a bigger dish and motor to pick up 129. Then, I think, I should fine tune the non motorised small dish to maximise 110/119. If I feel like prowling the sky I'll use the big dish and then return it to home base at 129. This plan should not interfere with the viewing habits of my non-tech wife. Glad to be here. All advice is greatly appreciated. Regards.

Just found this website today.

I am looking for a cheap and affordable solution to get started into FTA.
I have looked a little in the forums and will keep searching, but is there an FAQ or does anyone have any links for someone who is just getting started and knows nothing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks... :)