Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hi guys! While I'm not new to satellite I'm new to this forum, hopefully to get some advice from switching from cable to satellite TV!

Just want to watch TV and ordered and received coolsat 5000 platinum today. could anybody help me as to how to download software to my new reciever.:)
I started with the CD rom that came with the sywstem, connect the receiver to my computer and run the coolsat program, nothting has happend and still cant watch tv!!!

Hello everyone

I just joined, have been watching the info on the cs8000. We have not managed as yet to dial in my dad's cs8000 and have decided we need to upload the newer files to make it work. Lots of good info here, thanks to all.......:)

Hi Iam new to this forum have been a satellite user for about 30 years but just installed a Ku band feed horn. I have a 4dtv model 920. I cannot get any Ku band programming.I have changed the receiver settings but no Ku. Is there an easy way to check the Ku band LNB?
jole
Davis_wheeleer@hotamail.com

Newbie...and out on a limb

Hello,

My name is Randy and I'm very new to this site. I'm not actually an installer as of yet, but I'll be training for the next few weeks with a friend of mine who's been at it for 10 years. I just quit my job at a psychiatric hospital to make the jump to be an installer, so I'm a kind of out on a limb as I have no job yet. But I hope to take the NSTB certification test in June. I do have a question though. I'm taking the certification test through North American Cable. They're coming right here to Missouri for it. When I went to register, the lady on the phone kinda acted like I needed to go through a company to do so. Is that a problem, being as I have no company to go through? I want to be a sub-contractor. Also, if anyone has sub-contracted, is it better than getting on with a company such as dish or directv?

Any and all info will be a big help, thanks.

Hello all have been reading this site for several years now,have really enjoyed it so decided to join in. I have worked for the E* rsp here in Kansas for the last three years and have used a lot of info on this site.
Scott you do an excellent job on this site and appreciate all the info,iceberg has been a great source of info too,Thank you all
I am really looking forward to being a part of this site.

I wanted to take a moment to welcome all our new members to SatelliteGuys.US! Yesterday was the busiest new member signups day ever in the history of SatelliteGuys.US with 175 new members joining us!

We want all of our members to feel at home here at SatelliteGuys, if you are a new member why not take a moment to say hello and tell us about yourself.

Welcome home to SatelliteGuys, we are happy to have you here!
Hello you all. Retired live in La Baie Quebec Canada. Think I have reached an intresting site
Cheers

hello, i am from southern connecticut and wanted to say whats up . i have been a direc tv installer for about a year now . job pays extremely well for the work that is performed . home theater is my passion , and gets in the way of my marrige . lol

Hello from newbie in Houston, Texas.

Any installers (individuals, companies) in Houston area? I have existing DirecTV service, roof-mounted at present. I'm getting an aluminum roof and would like a pole-install done. Also need a better off-air local antenna (hdtv) as well since my old antenna is on the roof also and don't get all the locals. I have a 46" LCD and the digital reciever already hooked up inside. Just need the outside work done. Respond with a personal message, a post, or email me at 'sloday@swbell.net'. ...Thanks and please respond ASAP. Steve

Hi

I'm a new member and came in search of info. Pretty green at forums too so bear with, please. I just received a Traxis 1500 NIB and it didn't come with a remote. My experience with satellite systems is as follows: zip, zero, zilch, uh-uh, nope, nada, :confused:, Dish Network. I have been searching the web but can't find the remote code so I can program a universal. Can anyone help?
Also, I have been reading some posts and they talk about a motor to install on it. It has a disc (something, something)1.2. Will a motor work on this model and if so about how much do they cost. I live in a high wind area and it may be helpful. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts