Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hi all

I'm really enjoying all the info in these forums.

As an old fart, I probably appreciate this technology more than most. Our first TV was a 9 inch black&white, with rabbit ears/ghosts/5 stations. Remote control? Fuggettaboudit & get off yer butt. I remember we were the first on our block to get an RCA 21" color console -- round tube and all. It used 20 or so tubes, you could heat half the house with it. Green/purple faces -- it was still mesmerizing. Disney and Bonanza were about all there was in color.

As I sit in front of my 52" DLP with 5.1 sound, with a 622 remote in hand and cellphone in pocket, I wonder if as a teenager someone had told me where all this was going if I would have been able to believe it! You just have to love it...............

I wanted to take a moment to welcome all our new members to SatelliteGuys.US! Yesterday was the busiest new member signups day ever in the history of SatelliteGuys.US with 175 new members joining us!

We want all of our members to feel at home here at SatelliteGuys, if you are a new member why not take a moment to say hello and tell us about yourself.

Welcome home to SatelliteGuys, we are happy to have you here!

i'm one of those new 175! found this site yesterday after scouring the net for 2 weeks trying to learn if i should switch from directv to dish network. been with directv for 9+ years, but the reasons for me to switch--
NHL Centre ice on dish showing both home and away feeds of each game.
now i learn that they'll have RSN in HD
and the NHL Network!

looks like -- DISH HERE I COME

MTN Network available on big dishes?

I'm new to this site, joined a week or so ago.
What I have:
-- 7 1/2 foot wire mesh laser c band dual polarity lnb with a venture motor
-- 7 1/2 foot wire mesh Echostar Chapparral CALAMP lnbf with von weise motor
Both of these were taken down in pieces and the pieces are in my garage. Also have a Echostar 510 videocipher RS receiver (no remote). My guess is that these are so outdated that now much will be available with them. Also have 2 dish 500 and a dish single lnb 18" along with a dish pvr and dish 301.

We are currently on Directv.

I'm looking for someone that loves this stuff to help me do a site survey in my yard and see if I can get clear signals due to various obstructions (neighbors house and trees). Also need to know if anything I have will work or if all needs to be updated.

Lots of questions but will try and keep it to a minimum till I have read and studied more on the forums.

Here is one question to start with. We do not receive the MTN (Mountain West Television Network). Most of the University of Utah football and basketball games are on that network. How do I find out what satellite the cable companies pick up the signal from, and how do I know if I can subscribe to that?

Mainly interested in Candian TV, and will post other things in the Candian TV forum.

Thanks!

Hi

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I was doing some search on google for directv's new HD channels and found this sight and had to join. I am so excited about the ne HD channels, I can't wait til they go live.

I hope this is the right place to say hi! I live in a suburb just west of Chicago. i am interested in all topics around HDTV. I'm looking forward to reading posts.

New to site

Hey guys and gals,
Just joined to get some reviews and questions answered on some HD and FTA stuff.
Just doing alot of reading for now,looking to get a projector for the kids to play games and watch movies downstairs.
Great reading so far.

Quick Hello

Just a short note to identify that I am a new member. Have D* and am anxiously awaiting the new HD channels. Have been with D* for over 15 years.

new guy tmunz is looking for help in figuring out direct tv's meaning behind not letting me keep my distant channels when I moved from one state to another

does anyone know if FTA is worth switching to from the pay satellite companies like direct tv! in the late 80's I had cband unit, is the FTA units like the c band units

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts