Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Looking To Expand Knowledge...and Find Parts

Hi. My name is Randy. I'm currently in the US Navy (21.5 yrs) and am on a deployment to Iraq. My parent command is in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Living in GTMO, satellite TV is the only way to go, and because the ability to get equipment, especially large dishes, is complicated at best, I have picked up a lot of information about SAT TV and how to get it going down there, and that has subsequently gotten me interested in this field. I will not claim, however, to be an expert by any means...or even close for that matter. I'm currently having issues getting parts for an old dish, and this looked like the best place to get answers. I look forward to learning a lot about satellite tv in the future.

Lost in space!

Hello everyone Im new to site: having great difficulty in find how to load channels. Will read other posts for possible soultions. Installed dish not able to find channels 2 thru 49. Other channel id as scammbled- dont know were to look. If anyone has solution.............. Plsz advise

Just another seeker of wisdom. I prefer to read the forum, probably won't be posting often, and I know how to use the search button.
Thanks for the look
IMnobody

Hello, all

Hi. I've been a BUD user for about 15 years (10 foot dish came with the house). Upon buying our house back then, I bought a refurbed GI2400R which I used until yesterday. I still have it, if anyone wants to buy it. I just received a slightly used DSR922 and have moved (hopefully) into the world of digital. Kids have been bummed out about losing Animal Planet, TLC, et al. I just ordered the first digital programming, so hopefully my unit will be authorized by the time I get home. So far, so good, but I may need some pointers.

Hello.
I am new to the FTA realm just bought a sonicview 8000hd package. I having some trouble with it though but love the challenge once up and running it will be great I believe!!!

Hi, I have been watching this forum for some time now. It is so great that I've decided to join and with time become a paid member.

Thanks for having it!!!

Hi Everyone,

Glad to be aboard! Television DXing is one of my favorite pastimes. Love the satellite, cable, and amateur and radio airwaves. I will really enjoy being a member of this website.

another new guy

Just wanted to say HI. I found my way here from a google search of reviews of att uverse. So far am mostly seeing info on satellite stuff which makes sense from the title of the site. I'm probably leaving the dish network and going with the att uverse because the internet service looks alot better than my slow dsl (384).

Just wanted to say hello to all. I'm a long time reader as a (guest) but finally decided to join the SatelliteGuy family.

Hello from a Newbie

Hello All:

I thought I would say Hello to all the experts here. I am a newbie and I thought I would say Hello to everyone. I have been in the satellite stuff for about 10 years. Great Site! Keep up the good posts.

Thanks again

Hawkredtail