Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

I wanted to take a moment to welcome all our new members to SatelliteGuys.US! Yesterday was the busiest new member signups day ever in the history of SatelliteGuys.US with 175 new members joining us!

We want all of our members to feel at home here at SatelliteGuys, if you are a new member why not take a moment to say hello and tell us about yourself.

Welcome home to SatelliteGuys, we are happy to have you here!
Hello, I am one of the new members from Michigan. I joined to get some good advice on satellite Internet. Which forum would be the best to post to, and how do you post a new question?

Hello Everyone

Hi everyone,
My name is Gord, and I'm from Vancouver Canada.

I'm interested in trying to find one of those big old satellite dishes so that I can line it with mylar and turn it into a solar heater with my science students. If anyone has any good leads on finding a big satellite dish, I'd love to hear them!!
(I've spent a few months looking on Craigslist, but nothing yet...)

Gord T
yodle12@hotmail.com

Hello

The system thinks I am new here, but it just forgot me. I registered about two years ago, but had to re-register.

Name is Tom. I am posting from and receiving Dish Network on VIP 622 and 625 in NW KS.

Just posting to earn promotion/graduation from virgin to newbie.

Have been here researching external hard disks. Guess I have discovered all the bad news I need. My main problems are full hard drive on 622, and no way to transfer stuff I recorded on 625 to 622 where I can watch it on a better TV (70" Sony) in more comfortable surroundings (family room with fireplace) instead of cold, bare room without my computer in it on north side of house.

Hello all! I just joined the site after doing a search on google about a sattelite receiver I have and don't need anymore. It's a Toshiba TRX 1520 with remote and manual. I figured I would offer it to someone who could use it and enjoy it. I have no idea what it is worth, so if someone is interested in it contact me and we can work something out. Thank you!

hi I joined a couple weeks ago, got the dish up watching a few channels. this is all new to me but this site has helped me alot getting it to work.thanks

Hi from Big Bear California

I have been a subscriber for a while but never posted until now. Thanks for the warm welcome! I have a Dish 500 system and am a definite newbie who has a lot to learn from this forum of smart people. :)

Howdy all

Hello there all, as a recent newbie I thought i could offer a slightly overseas (Christchurch, New Zealand) perspective on the FTA area, as well as getting help when I get stuck if necessary. With information from the internet and my local library I have achieved a 2 satellite system, with capability in the switching for another 6 or so. I feel this is quiote reasonable, as in NZ we can only get Ku signals from 6 satellites total. Happy new year everyone, and happy satelliting:)

hello all. As it says in my username, I 'm new to satellite.
Hit these boards because I think my installer was not very skilled and now cannot, after some strong winds, pull in satellite 129.

Just wanted to say "Hey" from Florida.I just really heard about FTA about a month ago. I had cable-switched to DirecTV and seriously considering FTA.

Hello everyone, I've been checking in here from time to time and decided to finally post. I've had a stationary Ku-band FTA system in place for about a year so my wife can watch Thai programming on Galaxy 25. I must confess that I paid a pro to install the system and I really know very little. The system has worked very well except for pretty bad rain fade. If it's raining very hard at all we don't pick up anything. Just like satelliteNOOb stated in his post above, we had some strong winds over the past few days and now nothing is coming in. Sometimes we get heavily pixilated images and a lot of the time we can nothing at all. Hopefully it will work itself out. If it's nice out tomorrow I'll climb up on the roof and make sure the connections are solid.

I would like to introduce myself

I am the Chief Engineer at the AMV Gateway Teleport in Carteret, NJ. I have been there since the beginning in 1982, and have experienced many mergers and acquisitions. Yes the days of one channel per transponder, imagine that if you can. This is the most exciting and challenging time with the transistion to digital, and HD transmissions. So many formats, conversions, and bandwith considerations to deal with. That is what is making the satellite industry still challenging. So I guess I will enjoy the Satellite Guys forums for up and coming news about our exciting industry.

inherited big dish w/new house - total newbie

Greetings! When we bought our new house the previous owner left a "big dish" satellite systems. I'm looking for instructions, basic "how to use the thing" directions. I have the manual and will be digging into it. It seems the system has not been used for at least a few years.

So, c'mon y'all, I'll be happy to hear advice! Heck, I don't even know the right terminology... :eek:

Hi to everyone! I've always been interested in anything to do with radios and satellites. When I was a young boy, I'd stay up past my bedtime (P.S. my mom never caught me!)trying to listen to far-away radio stations on my little battery powered radio, and later I became a long-haul trucker and had a lot of fun with my scanners and talking to people on the sideband on the CB radio and making friends all over North America and beyond. Taking a satellite dish and receiver on the road with me was a natural step and made many boring nights in my truck much more enjoyable. While at home, I've spent many nights aiming my dishes at those elusive satellites way up in the sky. This is the best hobby anyone can have. Glad to be here!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)