Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

home_welcome-24.gif
:D

Just a howdy

So, "Howdy"
Just collecting info 'cause I think it's time to stop watching this old Dish 4700 receiver.
Thanks for the pile of info in here.
Cy

What a pile of hobby!

Greetings. Just joined, hoping to get some knowledge and pointers. I am just beginning to dabble in FTA, but when I start a new hobby I'm never satisfied just to start simple...

I currently have dish network to keep the wife happy, since I got fed up with DirecTV pricing, but I've got a farm of dishes out in the yard that I'm trying to point every which direction, including my latest Geosat pro motorized single LNB toy attached to an ebay special TIDESAT 3600 Digital Satellite Receiver Free to Air. I've been successful in finding 4 or 5 satellites, but never at the same time, nor can I catch them in an arc.
I also have a hughesnet dish that I've bypassed the transmitter on and it seems to be where I have had the most luck, since it gives me the strongest signal.

I also have an old legacy box that I am hooking up a dish 1000 and a dish 500 to just playing around with that as well. I realize that I really have a LOT to learn as I have spent countless hours reading this site, going outside to play with the dish, coming back in... giving up and going outside and setting up my laptop, a small TV and the reciever all together on a table right next to my dish and playing til I get something new... My first hit I was able to find FTV and since then I havent been able to get it again...
I never realized how much work this hobby can be!

Ed

Hello everyone ,

I am happy to be part of this fine group, I have been reading some of your post for some
time and have enjoyed it.

Have a wonderful day.

pwlrobinsonsr

My First Post as Newbie

Hello to all. I have done a bit of searching and seems this is the site that may help me
in my quest to find information on how to upgrade a BirdView solid aluminum dish,. I am
the original owner and have not used the dish for quite a number of years. I have not made any modifications or upgrades. I have all the original components, receiver,LNB, module to move the dish,etc. The dish is in excellent condition for its age. Incidentally, the receiver and LNB and cover have been in safe storage out of the elements. My question to anyone out there, is it possible and is it worth it to upgrade the dish. By that I mean, new LNB, new receiver and any other conversions. The dish itself is the white solid spun aluminum dish and I believe it is either 8 or 8 1/2 feet in diameter.
If anyone out there can shed some light if it possible to upgrade the dish, I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)