Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Bell 4100 receiver and 2 tv's

Hi there,

this is my first post and first question..
Can anyone teel me what I need to do to run 2 tv sets off of my one Bell 4100 receiver?Thanks.

An old BUD guy finally giving up...

Hi folks, drinks all around...

I'm new to the forums here, but not to satellite. I got my first BUD in 1987, and have had one since, except for two years with cable and dish network, while I was renting, after my house burned down. But I finally pulled the trigger, and bought a 50" plasma HDTV last week. Problem is, there is almost no HD on TVRO/4DTV, and even what little there is requires a $400 + Motorola HDTV converter. So I guess I'm going to have to go DBS.

That brings up two questions.... The first is which (Dish or DTV) has a better picture (less compression), and less rain fade - or is there no difference? The second is should I put up a pizza pan, or outfit my 10' mesh dish with a DBS feedhorn? Seems to me I would be less likely to experience rain fade, and get a stronger signal with the big dish. I would however, have to learn which satellite to find which channel on, and have to move the dish a degree or two...

Any advice? Thanks!

Mark

Last edited:
Hi folks, drinks all around...

I'm new to the forums here, but not to satellite. I got my first BUD in 1987, and have had one since, except for two years with cable and dish network, while I was renting, after my house burned down. But I finally pulled the trigger, and bought a 50" plasma HDTV last week. Problem is, there is almost no HD on TVRO/4DTV, and even what little there is requires a $400 + Motorola HDTV converter. So I guess I'm going to have to go DBS.

That brings up two questions.... The first is which (Dish or DTV) has a better picture (less compression), and less rain fade - or is there no difference? The second is should I put up a pizza pan, or outfit my 10' mesh dish with a DBS feedhorn? Seems to me I would be less likely to experience rain fade, and get a stronger signal with the big dish. I would however, have to learn which satellite to find which channel on, and have to move the dish a degree or two...

Any advice? Thanks!

Mark

:welcome

Directv has no compression on their channels, where Dish does. You would have to use one of their dishes.

Hey, just stopped by to say Hi. Long time SAT user, 10 years, where did the time go? Started with Dish and the infamous dishplayer, still have 2 sitting on a shelf somewhere, added a DTiVo to the mix and for a while ran D & E off the same dish. That was before the integrated switch.

Now I'm D only came for the CE stuff. Got my HR23-700 Wed, to replace my Hr10-250 and downloaded the latest software tonight. Liking it. Was reticent about switching receivers but now am looking forward to picking up an owned HR20 or two.

New to fta

Hi every one!

I’m ret. navy man 27 yr. ret in 93' Lived in city tell two mo's ago moved to the country.
I have three dish’s 1 is a c-ban I think. 1 is a starband was for his internet and TV.
And one was for TV also. I get a lot of phone Calls from Company’s trying to sell TV programming
At a $100+ a mouth.

A old navy buddy tolled me to look a fta TV first and look at viewsat for a rec.
? What is fta and viewsat

Hi every one!

I’m ret. navy man 27 yr. ret in 93' Lived in city tell two mo's ago moved to the country.
I have three dish’s 1 is a c-ban I think. 1 is a starband was for his internet and TV.
And one was for TV also. I get a lot of phone Calls from Company’s trying to sell TV programming
At a $100+ a mouth.

A old navy buddy tolled me to look a fta TV first and look at viewsat for a rec.
? What is fta and viewsat

welcome newbie :) to better answer your question you should post it here>Free To Air (FTA) Discussion - SatelliteGuys.US

New Guy

Hi, I'm new at this but thought I'd give it a try. Having problems with a dish network remote (trying to ~advance program~ it by the looks of their manual info - or lack of). I would like to post my issue in the right area, but not sure how to get there. I appreciate everyone's patience...

Thanks, Dave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)