Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

I've been a member for a while but had slow slow dial up, finally got DSL so maybe I can contribute more. Great place for information. Glad to finally be able to enjoy it.

Hi everyone, I have a few Dish /OTA questions but I wanted to stop by here and say hi and introduce myself first. My name is Jonathan and I live in East Texas. I have always been a "video" enthusiast, (learned from my older brother) and enjoy installing all audio and video equipment.

I am the person my family/friends call when they buy a new TV, DVD player, or other electronic and can't figure out how to work it. I love helping people! I get a lot of satisfaction from it! Its a great way to "test drive" something before buy it. Anyways, this seems like a great forum and I look forward to learning more about my video equipment from the knowledgeable members here.

Hi Everyone ! I'm trying to determine what type of hd satelitte system to get, and ran across this site as a place to begin. I have no background in electronics whatever, but I so have a science background. So thanks in advance for any advice and recommendations you can provide.:)

Hi, I'm from Philippines and I'm working in a TV Network right now. I hope to learn new ideas and information here on how TV broadcasting is performing in America. I hope to meet new friends here. Have a nice day! :)

Hello

hamijoh here, 16 years in the Satellite industry. It's been good to me - lived in some great cities and seen every state in the union because of it. Started installing C-Band and now train young bucks on how it's done.

Hello..........Woot here.

I've been gleaning your boards for info on picking up 119/110 on my 500 PP on a legacy 3000 receiver.
I locked 119/129 several times and finally got 119 to the number one position on the install menu but no 110. Looks like if I peak the elevation, I should have a bingo.

I also have a 10' C-Ku movable dish which I installed myself a while back.

Like scanning, DIY HDTV antenna's and a lot of other stuff.

Howdy guy's.....:bow

Introduction: Bill w/bus because we travel in a bus conversion to motorhome. MCI 102A3 model. Conversion from bus to motorhome done by us. I am a Ham radio operator. Wife, Lynn, is quilter.
Reason for joining this forum is to prevent stupid mistakes when upgrading to HD. This coach does not have a roof mounted antenna. So far we have been surviving with the single LNB round dish on a tripod. Any info on HD model recommendations would be appreciated. We really want to have two receivers and one of those to be a DVR. Under the old system that would require three cables. My understanding is Direct has gone to a single cable with switch ala Dish. True?

Bill, presently in Maine

HI :)

Hi, my first post:p

'BUD' user for over 20 years :angel: as well as ota:) and playing with fta:cool: but I do need to learn a lot more in how to point my dish properly:eek:

Last edited:
hey :) im from Turkey and 22 yo..i have interested with satellites for 15 years..i read this board everytime you guys are great..and i thought its time to join ! YAYYY