Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Steve, feel free to PM, I am the expert on all things sat and HAM. Well, most everything electronic for that matter.

I would be glad to help:up

However, in the instance that I am not available, I will be sure to forward ALL PMs I get for any reason to Paul:p
:D:D:D or HIFI!!!!!!

Hi there...I stumbled upon your site looking for assistance with a DirectTV muti-switch problem. What would be the best forum to ask my question in?

~Thanks

I am new to the sat world, I have a car audio store in my town and have been doing that scence 1993. I have offered home installation of audio for about 4 years now but I never messed with the sat end of it but I am ready to learn!

Steve, feel free to PM, I am the expert on all things sat and HAM. Well, most everything electronic for that matter.

I would be glad to help:up

However, in the instance that I am not available, I will be sure to forward ALL PMs I get for any reason to Paul:p

:D:D:D or HIFI!!!!!!
:rant: or you can pm me and i'll send you reys PIN for his new BB and he'll just be a text away at all times!!!!:eek::D:D:D

New to FTA

Hi all, I'm a newbie through and through, I have been exploring this and every site I can find on FTA equipment. I just recently dumped DTV. :)
I will miss the DVR they provided with my service:mad:, but not the bill.
They left behind there Slimline 23"X33" Multi Satelite Dish with Ka/Ku LNB set to 99,101,103,110,119 W reception.
1) Can I use this dish to set up a FTA system?:confused:
I have been looking at available channel list on the different satelites, and I am wondering what most folks realy like pulling down from the sky.
2) I have been studying the Nfusion HD box. I haven't found a review on this box yet. Maybe I'll be the first.
3) I also have an old Hughes HTLHD box, with a DirecTV card in it, is there some way I can use this box for FTA reception in a legal fashion?
4) Also I have a Panasonic DMR-EH50 DVD recorder, with an analog tuner, has anyone changed out the video card on one of these boxes with an ATSC tuner?

Any feedback on any of these different areas would be appreciated.
Newbie Bob

Hi family, from Puerto Rico

Hello, my dear family:
I´m mostec15 from Puerto Rico. I have 5 years in FTA and i have many adaptation/inventions for satellites dish. This is my first post, so next time i post my photos of my antennas and the adaptations. See you next time.

Hello,
I see this site is very good at solving lots of newbies problems starting out with fta.
It will be a pleasure to pass on what i'll learn hopefully.
Thank's for letting me be a part of this fine community.
Carl

I knew if I just walked around here I would find the right place to post!

Just got here a bit ago. I joined because it seemed like a great place to get some education in the rapidly changing world of electronics.

I spent 10 years as the owner of my video production company specializing in mainly education and legal related videos. I had a background in police work and taught at our police academy for 30 years.

Now am a full time retiree and using my time to get more educated......not smarter necessarily, just educated!