Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

HI, I JUST JOINED YESTERDAY.
I CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST A MESSAGE !
I HAVE BEEN ON C-BAND FOREVER BUT WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT KU.
I WANTED TO POST ABOUT VIDEO CONFERENCING ON FREE OOVOO OR SKYPE.
I THINK THIS WOULD BE A GREAT WAY TO MEET OTHER MEMBERS AND EXCHANGE IDEAS.
WHAT DO YOU THINK ? GEORGE geokeck@earthlink.net
ON OOVOO = GEOKECK
ON SKYPE = georgekeck

Not really a new member. Previous computer crashed had to change email address and it was just easier to have a slightly different handle.

Previous user name was either david1314 or davidatl14. Hven't posted in a while glad to be back in this fine forum.

Hi Ato all. I'm new to forums of any kind but am hoping for help with a ViP 722 that runs hot. Currently have a fan on it that is too loud. Suggestions?? The receiver is in an entertainment stack but this section is open on front with fan in left rear corner. There are openings below the receiver for a second fan that only operates when the sound receiver is on. This fan cools the lower sections of the stack but as I mentioned only comes on with the sound receiver. The DVR of course comes on for recordings at all hours.
Would appreciate suggestions. Also how can you check the temp of the ViP 722?
Thanks for any help!!!

Hello. I am a former computer technician. I am not versed in digital and satellite technology. I am seeking assistance addressing COMCAST's conversion to digital. I hope there is a cleaner installation than the one they direct. I had the same problem with AT&T when I installed DSL. One splitter in the D-mark box vs filters all over the house is much cleaner. I am hoping to do a similar installation for cable, but lack the technical expertise to implement. I have thoughts, but do not know if they are feasible. If this is the incorrect website, I apologize. Hello again, and thanks for any assistance in advance.

Thanks for the welcome, Bobby. I will try your suggestion - the Dishnetwork forum. Are there any clues somewhere for how to use this forum for those of us who are completely new to forums. Especially how to find info on a specific subject within a forum. I am especially interested in overheating issues with the ViP 722. Have tried that in the search but didn't seem to limit the response....

Thanks for the welcome, Bobby. I will try your suggestion - the Dishnetwork forum. Are there any clues somewhere for how to use this forum for those of us who are completely new to forums. Especially how to find info on a specific subject within a forum. I am especially interested in overheating issues with the ViP 722. Have tried that in the search but didn't seem to limit the response....

Try opening a new topic and ask about heat issues with the 722. I can say this, the 722 needs airspace all around the unit. Nothing can sit on top of it, and the sides must have a good bit of open area as well....

PC or Mac? Android or iPhone?

Do you wear glasses or contacts or don't you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts