Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hi,
I'm a FTA newbie since Father's Day ( when I persuaded my wife that since I had a spare dish, I needed a receiver) . It's an adventure ! Last weekend I mounted a motorized Fortec Star, with and Invacom QPH031 dual lnbf on the roof and after a few false starts, its now pulling down birds from 79W to 123W . Lot's to learn but it's a good hobby with some real perks.

:)

Hello All

I've been into satellite (C band ) for about 10 years. Kinda renewed my interest when I learned about FTA last year. I've been reading here for a while and figured I ought to finally sign up. Lots of good info here. Looking forward to learning more.

Hi, just join this site, and after checking it out it seems to be a great site. I have been into this hobby for about ten years. It's great to be here.

Hey, I joined a little earlier I used to just read the threads here but I'm going to start posting here now.
We've had directv for almost two years now. I'm really getting interested in FTA satellite now... contemplating buying the motorized FTA kit from sadoun.
I'd like to get an idea of what's up there and available first. Seems like a neat hobby.
Right now I like computers and boating, and i'm getting more interested in tv production and FTA satellite.

gulfbreeze said:
Hey, I joined a little earlier I used to just read the threads here but I'm going to start posting here now.
We've had directv for almost two years now. I'm really getting interested in FTA satellite now... contemplating buying the motorized FTA kit from sadoun.
I'd like to get an idea of what's up there and available first. Seems like a neat hobby.
Right now I like computers and boating, and i'm getting more interested in tv production and FTA satellite.

Welcome. :)

The following site has a compilation of what's up there on FTA:

http://www.lyngsat.com/

Hi everybody great site looks like lots of knowledgeable people I am a tech myself and supposed to know everything but I dont so I will be looking for answers and ask questions here and hope I can help somebody too.... Anyways my main interest at this point is new Ka-Ku dishes I install them on a daily basis but nobody seems to know whats going on with HD and those new satellites. Signal strength on those vary every week and nobody can tell me whats up.... so hopefully I will get answers here. Thanks for any help and nice to meet everybody.

Hello, I am a new installer and have much to learn. I found this forum in my quest to learn more. I had a little training and then was thrown to the wolves. I am sure that there is much experience to gain from here.

Hello all,

I have dabbled in shortwave and radio DXing over the years, but just got too noisy. I have been thinking about investing in a FTA system and try a little DXing there, but thought I would join this forum and see what is really out there to catch. Hope this turns into my next hobby/obsession..........

Hi!
My first post. I have had a 501 RX with a Dish 500 for 4 years. No problems.
On the 10th of July Dish installed a VIP622 and a Dish 1000. Bad news. There coming out Sunday for the thrid time. I've had low sig level on 129 like 47 to 60. Since the second trip even 110 is low like 56 signal level also 119 is 85 at the highest. I think the DP plus could be bad. I they don't fix it Sunday I'll do it myself. Maybe put up separate Dish 500 for 129. Can I just connect the 500 output to the input on the DP plus where the single 129 connects???

Hi there

Nothing much to report about myself. Just started a Dish sub with the 322 receiver. I really wish for the simple days, no screen saver, without all the features on remote that I never need. Yes I have been looking through the forums for the screen saver fix. None so far work properly. Anyways guys nice to meet you and when I'm ready to post I will, I'm not shy in that respect.

Hello, my first time in. Where would i look to find info on setting up an oval dish to get 101 & 110 (looking for azimuth, elevation and skew for my lat lng)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)