Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

This is my first time visiting, looks like a great site and look forward to looking around.

I have a pretty good idea of the set-up I want to do, just have some questions about specifics that I hope I can get answered. Thank you, and Happy New Year to everyone.

Hello

Hello Everyone.

My name is Ryan, and I've just purchased a Samsung 46" LCD TV with DirecTV. So far so good. The DirecTV is OK, although I'm looking forward (crossing my fingers) to the new satellites going up in 2007.

Anyhow, just saying hello.

hello all... new here... interested in fta... currently modding a primestar oval & 40 x 43 primestar for fta on a pansat 3500sd

Greetings to all,

I found you while looking at Dish Network articles. I've been angry since losing my distant channels. I hate Anchorage TV and really enjoyed the L.A. feeds. I read the entire thread in the Dish Network forum and decided to register.

Thanks for letting me in.

I'm a retired USAF Master Sergeant working now for a defense contractor. I'm married with two kids and we love it up here in Eagle River. I don't get out much in the winter months, but we do love camping in the summertime. I pull a trailer with my F-350 and we get out every weekend we can.

I love gadgets, and the Dish Network has been something I mostly play with while camping. It's fun for me to find the bird each time we go to a new spot, even though I hardly watch TV while we are camping. I mostly burn wood while solving the world's problems with our camping buddies around the fire.

Hello from NE Texas

Have never had satellite before, but am looking to change from cable, which I've had for 40+ years. ..... can still recall the days of a sixty foot pole and a power activated antenna rotator with black and white and lotsa snow on the screen ...... LOL

Currently cable has me hooked because of the broadband internet setup ... no dsl available, would HATE to return to dialup ... and I MUST keep cable tv to keep cable internet.

E* is the one I'm contemplating a subscription with, but, as with my episodes with computers as a past record, I'll end up exploring a lot... bought my first computer waaaaaaaaaay back in the late 70s and have built a couple of hundred of the devilish boxes.

I traded equities and futures for five years full time a few years back, but now I am a full time male nanny for my adorable little 3yr old granddaughter.... her mom (our youngest daughter) and her husband both teach school and I didn't want her to go to daycare with me retired.

She is such a handful for an old codger like me that I have no time to crank up the three computers with five monitors that I constructed to trade stock........ LOL

Long winded first post, so I'll quit now and say that I've learned a whole bunch already from reading a lot of the posts on this fine forum ...

Horse

Hello!!

Im new here! At one time I could have been some help, but with all the new digital I just dontknow about anything :rolleyes: ;)

i have recently purchased the viewsat ultra vs2000 receiver with a ivacom quad LNB, 4x1 DiSEqC switch,and the HH90 motor. the company that i bought it from said that this was the best site that i could get info. i have a couple of quick questions and any other useful info from you before i set this up would be appreciated. since i have the quad LNB, do i only have to run 2 lines to the LNB (one to the circular and one to the linear)? And if so, coming out of the LNB, do i have to run the cables to my switch or to the motor first? they said to also ask about my true south coordinates. my zip code is 35952. Just looking at the whole setup process looks a little tough. i am reading more about it as i have time, but if you have any quicker routes to setting this up, it would be appreciated. my email is: impitching@yahoo.com

i have recently purchased the viewsat ultra vs2000 receiver with a ivacom quad LNB, 4x1 DiSEqC switch,and the HH90 motor. the company that i bought it from said that this was the best site that i could get info. i have a couple of quick questions and any other useful info from you before i set this up would be appreciated. since i have the quad LNB, do i only have to run 2 lines to the LNB (one to the circular and one to the linear)? And if so, coming out of the LNB, do i have to run the cables to my switch or to the motor first? they said to also ask about my true south coordinates. my zip code is 35952. Just looking at the whole setup process looks a little tough. i am reading more about it as i have time, but if you have any quicker routes to setting this up, it would be appreciated. my email is: impitching@yahoo.com

:welcome You are in my neck of the woods. I'm over in DeKalb County, you're in Altoona/Walnut Grove area? Use to work over that way a few years ago. Anyhow about FTA info, go here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/forumdisplay.php?f=24

Looking & Learning

Hello everyone!

I like playing with the birds in the sky. I have a 1.2cm offset with an SG2100, Invacom QPH-031 and a new DMSI ASC421 that I am wanting to set up. I have been surfing the different forums for some time, but I usually just search for info.
This is my first post on this forum. It is a great site! Thanks to all :hatsoff: for so much useful info.

Buckeye6

Hey gang!

I am new here, but I have been lurking for about 2 weeks. I got a lot of good info from here.

I have a 36" TV (regular (I know, old school), a Sony Home theater in a box system,Samsung DVD player and a DISH 625. I love the 625, it will do so much more than the old 508 I had would do. I am considering getting a Pocket Dish so we can take our movies and such with us.

Anyway, glad to be here!

Hi, new here, live in Austin, TX and am considering moving from cable (TWC) to E* mainly because the SA HD DVR boxes stink out loud.

However I am quite interested in figuring out exactly how my sat installation would go, in terms of cabling etc. My home is pre-wired with one RG-6/U coax cable to each room, feeding to a central home-run-wiring panel, and one cable to the outside wall.

Can the installers reuse my existing cable?

Is one cable enough? I see sat boxes with two cables going to them.

I'd be looking for a High-Def package with at least one DVR (ViP 622 probably). I'd also like OTA.

Anywhere where a newbie who is tech savvy can learn how these installations work and are wired?

Hi from Brittany, thanks for let me in this forum.
Grasp
Cherokee 9000 ng4, Xena 2000, wavefrontier 90

Hi all, hooked up system in Puerto Rico need to know if the direction is still true south from the north west part of the island.