Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Thanks for the welcome. We recently dropped cable and acquired satellite service. Wish to take it with me i the motor home. I bought a dish at a gerge sale but don't know how to wire it. There are four plugs on the dish but the one at home only has one dual cable out of it. Any help will be most appreciated. Thanks again.

Just wanted to say hello to the forum. Looking forward to browsing around the here and seeking the answers to the many questions I'm sure I'm going to have. Wife and I are buying a house and we took a few pictures during the inspection this evening. One of them being of this dish attached to the house. It hasn't been used since the early 90s with the original owner. The cables are still running into the house and it has all the original Zenith receiver and some cables up the attic. Looking forward to playing around and seeing what I can do with it. (for a little money as possible)

dish.jpg

Hello all. Glad to be here.

Last edited:
Joined today to learn about HD upgrades

Hi.
I joined the group today so I could research my options for upgrading from an old Dish 501 to a 622 HD DVR. I also hope to keep up to date on new developments. I live full time in my motor home, so we do not have a land line. Presently that is not a problem. However, I have been told there will be a $5/month charge when I upgrade. That may be a deal breaker. Any suggetions?

williesdad

Howdy!!

I'm retired Air Force. Started out in Wideband (Microwave), retrained into Air to Ground radio (ATC VHF/UHF), loved it so much that they sent me to Keesler AFB, MS to teach it. Now I'm maintaining 4 FM radio stations, the microwave links to the transmitters and the satellite feeds. I'm looking forward to sharing experiences and trading maintenance tips.

Hi from Texas

I just joined the site today since I always seem to have questions about out Dish Network equipment. Hope to find some answers.

Hello, new here as the site was shown to me by a co-worker and I am new to Dish and HD. I will be reading mostly trying to answer my questions - like: I have the ViP6222 on Dish Network (it's very cool) and 2 TV's. TV1 is a 19" HD connected via composit cable to the unit. TV2 is a very old 27" Phillips analog connect via coax in another room (main viewing area). The question is: What do I need to do when I replace that ugly beast with a new 42" HDTV in a few months? Do I need another DISH receiver? Seems like the Vip622 can only do 1 HD and 1 analog.

Cheers

hello my name is summer l live in Essex love playing games but yours have very high scores the post l will join in but my spelling is not that good so bear with me