Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hi everyone

This is my first post and will like to share information about Fta hobby,all what I did in this forum was read but I have to many questions too.Thank's for everyone.:up

Hi, I'm Dan and a new member here. I work for Plasma Concepts, a new forum sponsor. Look forward to meeting everyone!

Hello everyone

Hello everyone and thanks for posting all this good info. I'm new to the forum but not to DirecTV. I'm trying to figure out a signal strength problem I'm having with my DirecTV HD signals--transponder 119 in the Northern NJ area, oval dish. I'm sure the trees are the issue as they probably have grown in the 4 years since I moved into my current house. I see 2 options; 1) cut the trees down 2) raise the dish and repoint. Relocating won't work since the trees are everywhere and the roof/chimney area is the best location. If I raise the dish and securley place it on a pole about 5 feet in the air (on the roof of the house above the chimney), will it be subject to problems with shaking from high winds and other weather related issues? Any other options? I prefer not to cut down the trees.

Thanks

New User

Hey everybody-

I came here primarily for the FTA info, but found several other topics of interest- and lots of good info, so I thought I would sign up. I live in an area where Verizon FIOS TV just became available, and after searching for info about using a CableCARD with the service- I came across some info that reminded me of a previous interest in C/Ku band FTA tinkering.

See'ya in the forums :)

Fta Installers In Illinois

Hi guys,

I am new to this site, but i was wondering if anyone knows if there is a free to air satellite installer in illinois. I TRIED ALMOST EVERY SINGLE WEBSITE BUT COULDN'T FIND ANYONE. If anyone here has experience with an fta installer in ILLINOIS please email me at aspatel862005@yahoo.com or just post it here, thanks.

hi im new

hey everyone,

just saying hi to the community. interested in getting a cw600 and needed some help on setting the receiver up. anyone want to volunteer?

Hard to navigate page

What would i have to click on to say HI on this page?What would i Have to do to start a new thread?

New to the forum

thanks for such a friendly forum on satellite issues etc,
i already feel happy to be here but still waiting the the
thunderous welcome home if there'll be any of course.
My interest mostly on satellite issues, installations, designs
and all that improves the daily knowledge.
Am based in Africa ( fantastic for sat hunting)
Cheers :lol:

Coming online

Greetings all -

I'm just beginning to check out the equipment to join the FTA world. I'm sure it'll come with time (and lots of hunting through the forums), but right now questions abound. How big should the dish be? Is a solid dish better than a perforated dish? (Are perforated dishes still made? :rolleyes: ) What's the purpose of a PCI card in the computer - does it take the place of the receiver? It's a lot less expensive! :up

Looking forward . . .