Welcome Pack lost AMC & We

davec111

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2006
This may have been mentioned elsewhere...... Prior to the litigation issue, AMC & We were included in the Welcome Pack. Now that the channels have returned to DISH, after the current "preview", they will be available in the Top 120 or higher package only. So we WP subscribers are losing both channels, again. What do other WP subscribers think?

This may have been mentioned elsewhere...... Prior to the litigation issue, AMC & We were included in the Welcome Pack. Now that the channels have returned to DISH, after the current "preview", they will be available in the Top 120 or higher package only. So we WP subscribers are losing both channels, again. What do other WP subscribers think?

Now that I am addicted to watching "Breaking Bad" and "Walking Dead", this sucks big time.

I guess this is one way that Dish is making up for the (no doubt higher) carriage fees.

Until the freeview is over nobody knows what channels will be back in the Welcome Pack

Since its more of a "specialized" plan its not like Dish would tote "Hey AMC is in our cheapest package".....they say AT120 which is what most folks out there know is the "basic" package

I mean isnt Boomerang normally in the AT250 package yet is also in Welcome Pack?

I'm not worried about it*. I don't think the Welcome Pack is a package that Dish goes out of their way to promote when it comes to the channel lineup.

Examples:
http://www.mydish.com/perks/new-channels/ for The Hub, no mention of the Welcome Pack only "America's Top 200 & Higher and or Heartland Package".

http://www.mydish.com/perks/free-preview/ also makes no mention of the Welcome Pack for The Hub.

* I don't watch a lot of either channel so I'm indifferent and certainly haven't cared to keep pace with the monster thread that has chronicled the saga of the dispute for any official DIRT statements on the specifics for AMC/WEtv and the Welcome Pack.

I thought they replaced AMC / WE with HDNet Movies and Style or Lifetime or something (one of the girly networks).

boba said:
If freeview has ended I still have AMC & WE in SD in the Welcome pak.

That would be nice for Welcome Pack subs. AMC ended in free preview on 11/20. In terms of the AMC Networks, We TV along with IFC [channel 298], Fuse [channel 164], and Sundance Channel [channel 358] end in free preview on 1/16.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)