Welcome Pack

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Is it possible to get the welcome pack without locals and save $5?

I closed my dishnetwork account about 18 months ago. I have an owned 622 and used to subscribe to HBO and Showtime only. I was considering reactivating and am curious as to the cheapest route to HBO. The welcome pack isn't very appealing to me since the HD version of the channel isn't included.

Locals are automatically included in the welcome pack so the answer is no you can not omit the locals. So you would be looking at 14.99 plus $16.00 for HBO so 30.99 + tax if there is tax in your area.

Locals are automatically included in the welcome pack so the answer is no you can not omit the locals. So you would be looking at 14.99 plus $16.00 for HBO so 30.99 + tax if there is tax in your area.
I think there'd also be a $6 DVR fee since he'd be (re)activating/using his vip622, no?

Also, if you do decide to go with the Welcome Pack, you'll have to subscribe first to at least the Family Pack I think, and then the next day drop down to the Welcome Pack. There is no direct path to the Welcome Pack for new subscribers, as that is what you'll be considered being away for 18 months. Contact a DIRT (Dish Internet Response Team) member here for the most hassle free setup.

Also, if you do decide to go with the Welcome Pack, you'll have to subscribe first to at least the Family Pack I think, and then the next day drop down to the Welcome Pack. There is no direct path to the Welcome Pack for new subscribers, as that is what you'll be considered being away for 18 months. Contact a DIRT (Dish Internet Response Team) member here for the most hassle free setup.

I think DIRT is the only ones who can activate an account that way. Yeah they will put you on Family Pack then tomorrow change it over to Welcome Pack. The only drawback is you pay for a month up front so you pay 24.99 + taxes (and a DVR fee if you have one) up front then you'll have a credit on the account tomorrow of $10 or so

Thanks for the info guys. Looks like its about $9 more a month than I used to pay. The package is of no value to me without HD. Is there any chance there is an international package for less than $15? I thought you used to be able to add premiums to those. Thanks again for the info.

If you had locals only you were paying a fee for no basic programming. I use to be locals only and it was like 10.99.

The INt'l basic is $10 but you have to add a Int'l channel to it. Cheapest one of them is like $10

I had just HBO and Showtime so it was $6 No package + $6 DVR + $24 for HBO+SHO. I'm thinking I'll wait until the OTA networks go into summer reruns. Thanks again

Bob2011 said:
Is AMC already gone from the Welcome Pack? Will there be a non HD replacement for it in this package?

Maybe they will an SD version of HDNet Movies. I think they did during the FX dispute.

Looks like there will be an HD and SD feed. The HD feed is on 130, but the SD feed on 130 is that ridiculous slate about the AMC Networks being in the 9000s.

Thanks Mojo! I know there is lots of love for AMC but there is a limit to how many times you can watch the Matrix trilogy and Shawshank Redemption. :rolleyes:

HDNet looks like a nice upgrade for the Welcome Pack :cool:

Thanks Mojo! I know there is lots of love for AMC but there is a limit to how many times you can watch the Matrix trilogy and Shawshank Redemption. :rolleyes:

HDNet looks like a nice upgrade for the Welcome Pack :cool:

It's not on the Welcome Pack page yet... maybe it'll pop up tomorrow? Those had better be some pretty good movies. At $22 a season for Mad Men & The Killing, that's getting close to three months of Welcome Packing to add back the shows I enjoy.

Again, if you really only want something to watch for $15 a month, you can't leave the Welcome Pack. It's an insanely good deal. When you've been considering getting Sunday Ticket for a while, the nickel & diming adds up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)