Welcome to SatelliteGuys Local Radio Discussion!

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I would like to take a moment and welcome everyone from RadioDiscussions.COM to SatelliteGuys and our new Local Radio Discussion Forum!

SatelliteGuys is America's Largest and Most Popular Satellite Information Discussion Site!

We are also America's Second Largest Home Theater Technology site (*Source Quantcast)

Today we are proud to launch this new local radio discussion forum as a place for those who were displaced by the sudden closing of RadioDiscussions.COM! With your help we can build up our site into one of America's Premiere Radio Discussion sites as well!

All postings in this forum will feature a State Prefix making it easy for you to find discussions for your local area, and as traffic warrants we will add additional forums and more discussions into those new forums.

We were saddened to see the sudden closing of RadioDiscussions, and I have contacted the sites owners inquiring if the site, vBulletin software and database were for sale, so that we could return RadioDiscussions to its former glory! (I have yet to hear back from them.)

So please help us spread the word about our new forum and once again welcome to all of our new members from RadioDiscussions!

If we can grow this area, I will add more forums as needed like it was setup on RadioDiscussions.COM.

I would have set that way up to start, but I didn't want 70 empty forums.

So again, if you hd friends at RD please let them know about our new forum here.

Welcome again!

Well they closed suddenly! I think I was just on there last night. My username over there was 901 rocks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using SatelliteGuys

I would like to take a moment and welcome everyone from RadioDiscussions.COM to SatelliteGuys and our new Local Radio Discussion Forum!

SatelliteGuys is America's Largest and Most Popular Satellite Information Discussion Site!

We are also America's Second Largest Home Theater Technology site (*Source Quantcast)

Today we are proud to launch this new local radio discussion forum as a place for those who were displaced by the sudden closing of RadioDiscussions.COM! With your help we can build up our site into one of America's Premiere Radio Discussion sites as well!

All postings in this forum will feature a State Prefix making it easy for you to find discussions for your local area, and as traffic warrants we will add additional forums and more discussions into those new forums.

We were saddened to see the sudden closing of RadioDiscussions, and I have contacted the sites owners inquiring if the site, vBulletin software and database were for sale, so that we could return RadioDiscussions to its former glory! (I have yet to hear back from them.)

So please help us spread the word about our new forum and once again welcome to all of our new members from RadioDiscussions!
Thanks Scott. I am a RadioDiscussions.com refugee as well. I will be bookmarking this site and hope to see a lively, and regional radio conversation resume here.

Thanks Scott. I am a RadioDiscussions.com refugee as well. I will be bookmarking this site and hope to see a lively, and regional radio conversation resume here.
:welcome David!

I hope what you hope! I am more then willing to expand things as discussions take off. The sky is the limit. :)

Can you tell us what happened? Lack of money? How big were they?
No one knows what happened. They just closed today without warning.

Earlier in the year they were purchased by a company and that new company took things over and turned the most active radio sites on the internet into a ghost town. They changed the forum software and also changed the look that was hard to read and was unusable. Since the change the majority of posts were bitching about the site.

I think that if I purchased it I could fix it and return it to its prior greatness and let it live again as a thriving active community. The longer its down, the less its worth. So lets hope we hear something soon.

Glad to see this here Scott.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Can you tell us what happened? Lack of money? How big were they?

Here's the story, from the RBR website itself: "Said RBR-TVBR/Radio Ink EVP/GM TJ Lambert: 'This was an economic decision. Our intention was to offer Radio Discussions as an option to our advertisers but we found there was no interest and though we respect what Doug Fleming originally built, it simply does not make sense to pour cash into something with no prospect of revenue.'”

I'd post the link, but when I did, the post was rejected.

Here's the story, from the RBR website itself: "Said RBR-TVBR/Radio Ink EVP/GM TJ Lambert: 'This was an economic decision. Our intention was to offer Radio Discussions as an option to our advertisers but we found there was no interest and though we respect what Doug Fleming originally built, it simply does not make sense to pour cash into something with no prospect of revenue.'”

I'd post the link, but when I did, the post was rejected.

Thank you. You must make at least 5 posts before you can insert links.

Looks like they didn't think it through before buying, or don't want to admit they killed it.

The site became terribly slow after the changes. I think that helped drive everybody off.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using SatelliteGuys

this sucks, i go to radioinfo/radio discussion everyday for all the news about DFW radio and now that site's gone. the spiting of the two sites was a big mistake. this site and Radio Insight will now be the home of radio talk all around the US.