Welcome to the NEW SatelliteGuys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Select the "SatelliteGuys Classic Look" from the style pulldown menu at the bottom of the screen.
Glad to see that option available. It wasn't there 30 minutes ago, was it ?? :)

Also, what's the faint, horizontal divider bar at the top of the page between the "SatelliteGuys Gold Sponsors" and the forum section ??

What "submit" things ?? :D I can't see ever using those myself so Adblock comes in handy for things like that....

If you point at them, they tell you what sites they're for. I guess they'll submit the thread as a news story to those sites. One was digg, as I recall. Can't remember what the others were. One or two I'd never heard of either.

Del.ici.ous is a great site; you tag a page you are interested in, and give it whatever keywords you want. Then you go to your page in Del.ici.ous and can easily search your stuff, PLUS if you choose to share, you can see what other's are doing.

I don't do much "social networking" with it; but I use it as a way to have a very powerful set of bookmarks that I can use anywhere, on multiple machines. It is worth checking out.

Scott,

Here's one bug I found so far, for what its worth, when you go to google me, and select list users you get this error:

Warning: Division by zero in /includes/functions.php on line 2041

Glad to see that option available. It wasn't there 30 minutes ago, was it ?? :)
It was but you couldn't see it. (I forgot to turn it on for all to see.
Also, what's the faint, horizontal divider bar at the top of the page between the "SatelliteGuys Gold Sponsors" and the forum section ??
Thats is to make you go Hmm... (did it work) :D

I got to go get the kids will do more updates to the classic look later when I get a chance.

The upgrade was actually HELL to do.
I went and dropped off the kids to my dads hour early, then drove to my office, I got here did some work then clicked the button to close the board from new posts.

A few second later I could not reach our server...

I called our ISP and had them reboot the server...

20 minutes went by and we were still not up.. I called them and they said they were able to get to the server from there. So we checked my settings and also did a tracert. We found that AT&T had a major router crash in Dallas. About 20 seconds after figuring that the support lines went nuts.

It took AT&T about 45 minutes to fix the issue.

So almost an hour and a half wasted.

Next I do the upgrade and all is going good then BOOM... Internal Server Error Messages started popping up on the screen... Took me 20 minutes and a call to LER to figure that one out (currupted .htaccess file was to blame)

Then from there things went well. :)

Enjoy the new SatelliteGuys!

Scott,

Here's one bug I found so far, for what its worth, when you go to google me, and select list users you get this error:

Warning: Division by zero in /includes/functions.php on line 2041
Thank you I am seeing it as well. I am investigating. :)

We're having major rain in the Dallas area. That could maybe be the reason for the router crash.

IntelliText is turned back on in "new" mode too.

In "Classic" style, I've got the horizontal bar that has links to User CP, HDTV Portal, the "Good Afternoon, hall", You last visited, etc, etc stuff at the top and the bottom of the page.

Very nice! Could you assign a different color or appearance to user-submitted (as opposed to IntelliTXT) links? They currently look too similar to plain text.

IntelliText is turned back on in "new" mode too.
Whoops its only supposed to show for unregistered folks. :) Let me fix that

In Classic" style, I've got the horizontal bar that has links to User CP, HDTV Portal, the "Good Afternoon, hall", You last visited, etc, etc stuff at the top and the bottom of the page.
I know the fix for this as well.

OK I have done a number of improvemnts to the new look and the old look.

You can now quickly switch between looks there are now links on the top right portion of the screen. :)

I have done a lot of clean up of the classic look and have added a lot of the new features to the classic look. :)

More to come. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)