Welcome to the Uplink Center!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Today SatelliteGuys.US is proud to announce a new service to our members, “The Uplink Center.” This new service is not just a new forum but it is new technology designed exclusively for SatelliteGuys.US!

Currently in Beta Testing, “The Uplink Center” automatically checks for changes in Dish Network uplinks on an hourly basis and if a change is found that change is automatically posted to SatelliteGuys.US in our “Uplink Center” Forum.

In addition our technology also automatically checks to uplink changes for Canada’s equivalent of Dish Network and that service is called Bell ExpressVu. Our Technology currently checks for these changes once a day.

It is our goal to bring near real-time monitoring and reporting of all Dish Network uplink reports in the near future. A dedicated PC is now being a built to handle this task.

The technology for The Uplink Center has been entirely programmed by SatelliteGuys own Uplink Guru, Digiblur. He has invested hundreds of hours (if not more) writing code, testing code and testing everything getting us to this point we are at today. This is not off the shelf software we are using this is custom written code written by Digiblur to make this all happen. THANK YOU DIGIBLUR!

You will notice that these uplink reports are now “unfiltered” meaning you will see all channel moves, thus you will see channels that move around often such as sports channels used in sports packages such as the NHL Center Ice Package.

“The Uplink Center” along with “TheList” helps to make SatelliteGuys stand out in offering our members the Internet’s best News, Talk and Information!

We hope you enjoy this new feature, and welcome your feedback on it!

Thank you for your support of SatelliteGuys.US!

I'm still tweaking things and this is our first Wednesday to test it. I have it running about every 25 minutes for today. Only thing I'm worried about is if it runs during the middle of the changes it might not look right but those rare cases will just have to be fixed by human intervention.

Very nice Digi.:up

Only suggestion at first would be a site change to seperate Dish and Bell Vu so people wanting notifications don't have to get both.

Very nice Digi.:up

Only suggestion at first would be a site change to seperate Dish and Bell Vu so people wanting notifications don't have to get both.
This is something we can look at doing. Its not hard from my end to do but dont know whats involved on Digiblurs end to code it to send it to a seperate ExpressVu forum.

This is something we can look at doing. Its not hard from my end to do but dont know whats involved on Digiblurs end to code it to send it to a seperate ExpressVu forum.

Wouldn't take but a few minutes to make the changes. The code is already designed with multiple satellite systems in mind. Already planned for the Eastern Arc stuff.