Well, here we go! It's moving day!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Over at Rick's, someone posted a PDF of a letter to the FCC from SES. I read it as a prelude to legal action if the FCC doesn't get off the arse allow them to migrate the C and Ku band stuff. If I remember correctly it was in the other topics area. The letter was dated January 25 (or thereabouts), 2015.

So.... maybe, just maybe, we might see it happen this year. However, I wouldn't hold my breath, as one might get pretty blue.

Reactions: Dee_Ann
hi dee. sorry to see you broke your lnb holder IMG_4210.jpg . I believe channel master calls it a junction block. if your other lead does not pan out you could try these guys http://www.satellitedish.com/logme.htm. I am not sure if they are still in business or their reputation but I remembered seeing you needed some parts & when I was browsing their site I saw them. look down their catalog list for LNB- bracket adaptor then on that sub page are some plastic & metal ones. Of course double check the part #s if you can. If that does not work you could try the factory manufacturer here http://www.skywareglobal.com/index.php/products/vsat or member Garyd here @ satguys is a retired c-Band dealer that might have some parts .... he recently posted quote I still have C-band parts to get rid of a lot is new endquote. I think he is in Conneticut somewhere. good luck :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dee_Ann
Hi everybody! In reality it is not so difficult to make replacement for CM LNB holder. I needed one for some tests, so it took about an hour to fabricate. And it is adjustable to be able to point LNB to where it needs to be pointed.
IMG_20150216_202048 (Large).jpg IMG_20150216_215943 (Large).jpg

Reactions: Titanium
Just made another one, it widened feedarms little bit, so could be better to make multifeed (however I do not like multifeeds anymore, as I have enough stand alone dishes and also motorized ones).
IMG_20150217_200002 (Large).jpg
engineer and craftsman!
Not really, I am simple amateur, like many here.

Reactions: danristheman
Rima you'll have tp patent that! That one would work for the dish I have too. Might have to build one so I have a spare!

Reactions: RimaNTSS
No need to patent as there can be not huge interest from Channel Master users. But in case somebody would like to replicate it I will not have hard feelings. Besides, I know that to make such a holder you have to have at least some basic skills, facilities, patience and readiness to spend some $$. I can even draw and provide sketch of holder I made.

It is possible to make new LNB holder for any offset dish but sometimes it is not so easy to measure the working area of the dish (WOD) and calculate it’s main parameters like position of the focus (F), offset angle, opening angle, position of the “point G”- point on the surface of the dish where imaginary line from LNB hits the dish. I will make an example on Channel Master 1,2m dish (perfect dish, even it is old and used, it still better than any new, made of tin dish). Everything, what I write here is IMHO, so you can agree or disagree, up to you.

Vertical dimension of the WOD, distance between points A and B (I marked those points on the attached picture) is exactly 1300mm. Horizontal size of the WOD is 1200mm. Offset angle of CM1,2m is 22,6* , opening angle (angle A-F-B) is 80* and F/D ratio is .6. Another important distances here are: A-F=1220mm, B-F=720mm, G-F=814mm.

The trickiest here is how to co-locate LNB’s Phase center with antenna’s focus. But when it is done then we can get maximum performance of SAT-system. Of course, LNB with proper illumination angle (in case of CM1,2m LNB’s illumination angle should be about 80* to match antenna’s opening angle), should be used.

For holder I made for Ku-band, position of the Focal point of the dish is about 20mm from the edge of the clamp, and clamp is about 31mm up of the edge of the long nut. This distance can be corrected when antenna is pointed to satellite. And knowing elevation of chosen satellite and offset angle of the dish we can adjust the position of the LNB with the precision up to 1mm.
CMHolderPlacement.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts