Well, here we go! It's moving day!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just bought two of these, enough to make four adapters. It's already 40mm diameter so that's half the work already.
Now I just need to get my dad to drill a 23mm hole through the center, cut them to 50mm length then cut down the center into two halves.
Bingo! LNBF adapters !!

Actually I'm thinking I could make them 25mm long instead of 50mm and still work just as well and give me twice as many adapters. :D

Screen Shot 2015-02-05 at 10.57.58 PM.png

Dee Ann do you have a local hardware store near you thats how I made my hangers for my lnbs.

Yes, but do bear in mind that I'm talking about Dish Network and not FTA stuff now so I'm wandering off topic a tad.
I have three legacy type LNBFs installed now, one using some sort of tubing clamp I found in the junk pile in my old garage and the other two, I just wrapped enough duct tape around them until they would fit the 40mm clamps.
One dish is perfectly fine dropping a 23mm neck into it, it's a 1 minute job. The other two are designed to take 40mm necks so that's what I'm wanting to make the adapters for rather than the duct tape like before.
Until my dad can make the adapters for me (plus I still have a week before they even get here in the mail) I'm just going to duct tape the necks so they fit. That will be fine for a week or two.
After the adapters are done I can cut the tape off and put the adapters on them.

Another project I need to work on this spring is converting that 1.8m Prodelin into a mini-bud now that I have a pair of new C2w-PLL's...

Have thrown thousands of the unused 40mm to 23mm adapters away through the years. These came standard with many dishes and universal KU-band LNBF clamps to adapt the standard 40mm opening down to the 23mm throats. Most FTA dish resellers probably have many of these laying around.

Reactions: Mr Tony and Dee_Ann
Have thrown thousands of the unused 40mm to 23mm adapters away through the years. These came standard with many dishes and universal KU-band LNBF clamps to adapt the standard 40mm opening down to the 23mm throats. Most FTA dish resellers probably have many of these laying around.

OH NO!!!!! I had no idea that anyone ever made such a thing! I guess I should have looked on ebay rather than try to reinvent the wheel?

Hmmmph! Like this.....
Dang it!!
Oh well, as always, I leap before I look.

Screen Shot 2015-02-06 at 1.15.07 AM.png

Oh wait! $200+ shipping from Austria. Ok, so I did ok after all.

I have universal lnb holders that have 40mm to 23mm is that same thing or something different?

All the universal lnb clamps I have came with 40mm to 30mm adapters or else I would send you a few. Sorry.

LOL!! I have bought all sorts of adapters over the past few years and I never got one of these things with anything. I didn't even know such things existed until last night.
I thought I had just had a stroke of genius and invented something new and cool that would make me rich overnight.

Sigh... :(

Oh well, now that I've already bought those plastic rods I get to reinvent the wheel just because I have to learn another lesson the hard way.

Oooooopsy... :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Reactions: Titanium
Well until I get my adapters made, this will have to suffice as a temporary 23 --> 40mm adapter.
(it's how I've been using the old LNBF's for the past two years.)

IMG_4199.jpg

Reactions: fred555
One of those plastic adapters came with a dish that I got from someone. I believe it was a Bob Jones University dish I got years ago if I am not mistaken.

Oh goodness no, they are very different. I had to buy a whole new set of tools as well as new connectors.
But whatever you do, don't buy a compression tool like this one.

View attachment 104615

It's rubbish! It will not compress where the gap is so you get this distorted fitting that looks like a little kids bottom lip when you tell them "No more candy!"

I've had a compression tool that looks just like this one for years and haven't had any issues. (Amazon has it, search for Monoprice 103357) It is adjustable so you can dial in the amount of compression applied. Maybe you are over-compressing or using quad cable with non-quad connectors? Try dialing back the adjusting screw a bit. Maybe it's the specific brand of connector you're using?

Last edited:
My son discovered that Red Green show and he was all about the duct tape. He made duct tape book covers and wallets and pretty much anything you can imagine. He even duct taped a hole in the knee of his jeans.
Those guys were his heroes..

I used to call it duck tape because that's what I thought it was called until you guys corrected me a few years ago. :D
according to the link I provided, it is "DUCK TAPE" and was nicknamed that long before it sealed any ducts. But real DUCK tape is green ;) IMHO

See, I'm still confused then..
Seems that a year or so back you guys informed me that it's called duct tape. So, I dunno.

I know, let's call it fix anything tape.

One other note on the stuff, I taped the threads on my OTA antenna motor clamps a few years ago.
I have no idea why I did that. Maybe to keep them from rusting? Well, I took it all down and brought it to my new house
and I have to tear everything apart, clean it all up like new and build a whole new antenna system.
When I tried to get that tape off the bolts it was almost impossible. It took me like 3 hours to get that gunk off and clean the bolt threads.
NEVER AGAIN! That stuff turns into a nasty, nasty mess after it's been outside for awhile.

OH, by the way, on 103w.. Is there a snowball's chance that they will EVER set the skew to normal on that satellite?
I'm thinking I should just go ahead and plant a dish just for that since I can't get it with my motorized KU dish..

I read they were gonna change it last summer then at the last minute it went boom-boom and nothing at all changed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)