Well...I did it!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ElkinHD

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
I made the jump to Directv today(install Thursday) and was just wanting some info on the Genie...Is it a reliable receiver?.I have the 722k from dish and I have not had any problems with it. What different functions does it have,if any,from the 722? Is it pretty easy to use? any info will help and thanks in advance

I made the jump to Directv today(install Thursday) and was just wanting some info on the Genie...Is it a reliable receiver?.I have the 722k from dish and I have not had any problems with it. What different functions does it have,if any,from the 722? Is it pretty easy to use? any info will help and thanks in advance
The genie is excellent. You will like it. More tuners. Plus it has recommending feature. Based on what you like it makes recommendations. I have HR44 genie. Great picture. Also have hopper with sling. I had the 722k as well as 922. The 722k is faster and to me A better machine. However you will like the Genie. Nice unit. Just in my opinion, I have both, it's not As good VIP units or hoppers.

I had the 722 and switched to D* a little over a year ago. I think you will really like the switch. Everything with the Genie just seems so intuitive. I never have any recording conflicts with all of the tuners, and everything for us just seems easier.

Thanks Guy's. I was just wondering about a few things...Ya know how it is when you worry about the unknown.....

Dish has some things going for its DVRs too, but the DirecTV Genie is pretty good.

DirecTV doesn't touch the sling features, even with Genie Go it is a far apart. Biggest thing I liked on Dish better is the 3 hour guide with more channels (or even gives your a choice).
DirecTV's guide has shown the same info (except that they added ad's) for the past ten years or so, only 1.5 hours, regardless of how TV screen sizes have changed significantly.

Dish has some things going for its DVRs too, but the DirecTV Genie is pretty good. DirecTV doesn't touch the sling features, even with Genie Go it is a far apart. Biggest thing I liked on Dish better is the 3 hour guide with more channels (or even gives your a choice). DirecTV's guide has shown the same info (except that they added ad's) for the past ten years or so, only 1.5 hours, regardless of how TV screen sizes have changed significantly.
You summed it up perfectly. I might add that fast forwarding on Dish units are much faster. Plus new hoppers have blu tooth For wireless headphones. When My wife goes to bed the blu tooth goes on Great feature! You can use the code to enable Direct units to jump 30 seconds.

Unfortunately I have had bad luck with the genie go. It still seems like its a beta unit. Lots of kinks to work out.
Hopper with sling is seamless.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)