Well it looks like I'm back!

izod

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 2, 2004
Cumming, GA
Well hello, again! I have had service with E* before, a 522 in a single bedroom apartment. The wife and I just bought a house, remodeled the kitchen, living room, and master bath, and are finally moving in! Got an ok deal on a 622 and a 625 today - $199 installed, with Dish Platinum w/locals for $109/month - $20/month for ten months credit. Have to go in and pull all new RG6-Quad and CAT5E. Hopefully it all turns out better than that darn 522. Just wanted to say hi!

-Sam :hatsoff:

Welcome back, I guess (tho' I'm not part of E*'s welcoming committee!) Not sure why you need the quad shield coax - dual shield is probably plenty good enough for sat. applications. I would only use the QS in situations where you have weak signals that might have problems with "ingress" (interference) or if you're running in close proximity to power cables, etc. QS is also appropriate for OTA runs where signal quality/variability is more of a problem, IMHO. If you can get by with the dual shield, you're better off - saves a few bucks and easier to work with.

What cable is in your house now, and why do you feel you need to replace it?

BRgds... (I'm really enjoying my 622 and the many HD choices E* offers...!)

All the cable in the house runs outside right now - and I used to install structured wiring for a home automation company, so I guess I feel the need. The power cables in the house aren't very well shielded, and I want to be able to distribute other media around the house, so each room's getting at least one jack of 2xRG6-QS and 2xCAT5-E. For posterity's sake. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)