Well its 2 months

Aha! So you're the one person in America for whom they wrote this perverse software! ;) I always wondered why, because I hate that feature, and I think it should be off by default (to be like my past receivers).
Actually, I like it too. It's slightly more likely to be the channel that I want, than if it were set to go the the last channel viewed instead.

Reactions: charlesrshell
As Bobby has helped me, I am using the "last screen" option. I believe it was sktrus who suggested the battery issue with the remote. Found the remote works much better using it about 4' closer.
Here's what I've found out: When Dish remote warns you to replace the batteries, take them out. But, don't recycle them yet. They still work with flashlights and some other gadgets. I use a battery tester. Its needle shows them as good batteries.

Here's what I've found out: When Dish remote warns you to replace the batteries, take them out. But, don't recycle them yet. They still work with flashlights and some other gadgets. I use a battery tester. Its needle shows them as good batteries.
Checking cables this morning and I have 2 questions (so far) Is there a way to boost the signal of the RF antenna?
Can I disconnect the cable between the Joey next to the Hooper) without causing and issues?

Checking cables this morning and I have 2 questions (so far) Is there a way to boost the signal of the RF antenna?
Can I disconnect the cable between the Joey next to the Hooper) without causing and issues?
1-Do you mean the rf (radio frequency) antenna behind the Hopper3? As long as it is straight up, it should be able to respond to remote commands (assuming you are on the same floor and not far away).

2-RG6 cable connecting one of the Joeys to Hopper? What is the purpose for that? Giving up Joey and reducing your Dish bill? No matter what your intention is, it shouldn't matter to Hopper at all.

1-Do you mean the rf (radio frequency) antenna behind the Hopper3? As long as it is straight up, it should be able to respond to remote commands (assuming you are on the same floor and not far away).

2-RG6 cable connecting one of the Joeys to Hopper? What is the purpose for that? Giving up Joey and reducing your Dish bill? No matter what your intention is, it shouldn't matter to Hopper at all.
Since the antenna is in an enclosed space, boosting the signal might not be a bad idea. This is a 37' RV no second floor. I posted a picture of the A/V cabinet
Thought the Joeys might be a good idea, not one of my finest hours.

the antenna is in an enclosed space
Friend, it looks like you have enough air circulation around your equipment. You don't want stuff to overheat.
Is your tv in your RV too far to your set up (where your hopper is)? So, your dish remote is kind of unresponsive? You probably have one tv, so a Joey would be unnecessary. Unless you have one of those million dollar RV's you see on HGTV!!
I never heard a signal booster for hopper antenna, Maybe, Hipkat who installs can answer that question.

Friend, it looks like you have enough air circulation around your equipment. You don't want stuff to overheat.
Is your tv in your RV too far to your set up (where your hopper is)? So, your dish remote is kind of unresponsive? You probably have one tv, so a Joey would be unnecessary. Unless you have one of those million dollar RV's you see on HGTV!!
I never heard a signal booster for hopper antenna, Maybe, Hipkat who installs can answer that question.
The RF antenna and the Joey are 2 separate issues. Since I moved closer to the Hooper and the remote worked better, it was worth while asking the question. HaHa, the Coach is a 2007 Country Coach which we bough in 2012 and have lived in full time since then. We have a TV in rear and since we where doing the install, why not. We rarely watch TV in the rear and if something needs to be removed because of space, it goes. So, where does Hipkat live? Wouldn't it be fantastic to actually have someone who knows what the heck how this really should have been installed?

If you have a wireless network in your coach, you could replace that Joey with a fire Stick and on the rare occasion you want to watch TV from the rear of the coach just use DishAnywhere on the Fire Stick. Just a one time cost for the Fire Stick and saves you $7 a month on dish equipment rental.

You'll have to learn the quirky remote for the Fire Stick but it works.

If you have a wireless network in your coach, you could replace that Joey with a fire Stick and on the rare occasion you want to watch TV from the rear of the coach just use DishAnywhere on the Fire Stick. Just a one time cost for the Fire Stick and saves you $7 a month on dish equipment rental.

You'll have to learn the quirky remote for the Fire Stick but it works.
Thanks

If the Hopper3 remote antenna is having problems due to something blocking the signal you can add a coax extension so that the antenna is in the room rather than behind the Hopper receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the Hopper3 remote antenna is having problems due to something blocking the signal you can add a coax extension so that the antenna is in the room rather than behind the Hopper receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you, think that could work....easy peasy

My H3 (and all Hoppers AFAIK) have different threading then a standard RG6 connector, so that doesn’t work anymore like in the ViP days unless you get a cable with fittings that can screw on to that, which I don’t know if it is even a standard connector.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)