Well Scott where is the BEEF?? When do we gat all these new HD Channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hell Raiser

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 12, 2004
Well??? where is all the new HD Channels from the HD leader DirecTV???

HD Wishlist for next 2 years-

ESPN 2
ANy RSN that carries HD locally (NESN, etc)
More HBO, SHOW, CIN, Starz
National Geographic (another channel similar to Discovery would be loved)
MSNBC, CNN, CNBC (A major news channel should start broadcasting in HD)
Locals in HD (toss out the UHF antennas once and for all)

It certainly would be a pipe dream for any of these things to happen. I could see HBO or a movie channel adding to its HD channel lineup a lot more easily than totally upgrading all equipment over at CNBC or osmething like that.

Hopefully in a period of two years we can expect to see a lot more of these channels going to HD during the transition period where more and more people buy HD sets and the price goes down.

TNT HD and BRAVO HD I could really care less about right now. Although they would great for people who want to see that programming in HD, but I am not a big fan of either channel so I can not really say that i am drooling waiting for some great Bravo HD programming...................

Isn't INHD 1 and 2 an HD-CATV exclusive. That's what's claimed during their broadcasts "Only on Cable".

Hell Raiser said:
Well??? where is all the new HD Channels from the HD leader DirecTV???
Wow, I guess I never realized that Scott was in charge of operations at DirecTV. Cut him some slack man, all he did was break the news. He is not responsible for configuring the satellites!!! We are all looking to the future as is D*, I am sure if Scott was in control we would have the channels ...

In response to all other posts before mine, why not just say it like it is. We want all the HD channels available even if half of them stink link on Voom! That is the real wish list is it not? :D

All's that I am told is that they are coming. :) It looks like they are getting to do something, I noticed they changed their HD page yesterday. :D

As I always say.... STAY TUNED. :D

On this link: http://www.twice.com/article/CA4436...stry=News&industryid=23096&pubdate=08/09/2004 they state: By the end of September, DirecTV will add the Bravo HD+ channel to its HD package, which will continue to be priced at $10.99 per month. Currently, Bravo HD+ is carried by the Voom satellite service and on Cablevision, Cox, Insight, Mediacom and smaller cable systems.

This is the first time I've seen a date for BravoHD, only that D* had an agreement to carry it.

I tell you something....Im a VOOM sub also and BravoHD is the worst HD ch in the VOOM lineup. I understand they plan to add programming but as it stands right now they are the worst.

vinnyv07 said:
I tell you something....Im a VOOM sub also and BravoHD is the worst HD ch in the VOOM lineup. I understand they plan to add programming but as it stands right now they are the worst.
Worse than MOOV or the Auction Channel?

Really.... I didn't like either channel when we have Voom. Also, most of the movies played on the Cinema channels were crap.

I still have both , but not for much longer, Voom just is not cutting it for me and yes I would rather watch Moov over Bravo HD. Maybe by the time D gets it they might have something to watch but not now.

skeedatl said:
Isn't INHD 1 and 2 an HD-CATV exclusive. That's what's claimed during their broadcasts "Only on Cable".

No it is available to DBS as well they say only on cable because they are the only one's that carry it right now.

I think Voom will be much better once they make their switch to WM9. I check the Voom forum daily to see if this has happened. Once this happens and I start to see happy customers over there I'll bring Voom back on as a supplemental provider. I had Voom FREE for two months and opted to cancel during my free period because the PQ was so poor and inconsistent, but they are young, once they grow up I'll be right back over there if D* does not have a substantial offering by then.

Scott Greczkowski said:
All's that I am told is that they are coming. :) It looks like they are getting to do something, I noticed they changed their HD page yesterday. :D

As I always say.... STAY TUNED. :D

Scott,

Just tell these guys it's ten bucks per HD request (via paypal) and you'll see what you can do, no promises made.

Then every channel DTV adds you'll be richer...lol..

steverobertson said:
No it is available to DBS as well they say only on cable because they are the only one's that carry it right now.

It's amazing how fast a marketing slogan can change when the money is on the table. It's going to be "inHD available everywhere".

slacker9876 said:
Worse than MOOV or the Auction Channel?
On those same lines. MOOV and Auction are useless. BravoHD is the same thing unless you like watching the same operas over and over again. They do show the West Wing in HD but the rest of their programming is just painful to watch. But...I have heard that they will be drawing programming from NBC in HD. So maybe they will start adding some better programming. But to tell you the honest truth I have watched a live Auction on Auction HD and I do watch TAnk on MOOV. But I have never watched Bravo...and in my opinion they have the worst programming out of all the HD ch's that Directv could add. As a side note...TNTHD is ten times better than Bravo. They are starting to show alot of movies on the weekends in HD. Alot of their original programming is in HD. I would like them to show more HD but they dont disappoint me in the way that Bravo has..or for that matter some of the VOOM exclusives.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)