Were You Grandfathered With The HD-Pack? If Not Time Has Ran Out

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Mine was turned off, so I need to sign up for the extra pack looks like, Is it worth it for the extra channels they are giving? And are they planning to add anymore channels to that package?
I went to DTV Online and I am able to make the purchase and get it for 3 months free, but the thing is, is it worth it to keep it after the 3 months? ( I have the premier package, sucks its not included in the premier package)

Mine is off as well, it just gives me an excuse to look at other options. What bothers me is no notice just shut you off. I believe I pay of an HD package that did include HD Net Movies and UHD and they have been turned off.

Well most of those channels I never watch other than some X-Games events on UHD.
I just can't justify paying 5$ extra a month for just 1 channel that I regularly watch which is X-Games, but they are only on when its X-games time.

uhd has the olympics in hd, the masters in hd, us tennis open in hd, action sports.....don't know where you're getting x-games from.

uhd has the olympics in hd, the masters in hd, us tennis open in hd, action sports.....don't know where you're getting x-games from.

All of which are available OTA and at a superior PQ.

All of which can be turned on for the special events when needed if you want the channel and turned back off after the event.

hd net movies, mhd, universal, mgm, and smithsonian

yawn! there is nothing on these crap channels ever anyways

I pay $10 a month for the HD package that includes HD Net Movies(chan 78) and UHD (chan 74) and they have now been turned off.

No Notice,No Nothing !!

And they have the nerve to pull this stunt on Christmas week.:(

Heads are gonna roll for this one !!!

Matt

is HD Extra Pack worth for an extra $4.99. I have so many channels, i don't have time to watch all channels any given time. too bad.

My channels went dark this monday am. but i call and said where is my free 3 months and they fix the problem!

While i dont care or watch the channels they took away yesterday, it is pretty shady to claim to have all these "HD" channels, yet 95% of them arent, just black box upgraded SD, and then take away the few HD channels that are actually HD channels, Smithsonian, MHD, etc.

Wow the only notice most got was reading it on a forum, if they frequent one. Directv last in customer service. OOps thats right JD power says they are #1. :rolleyes:

I found out late Sunday that I had lost UHD & HDnet movies. My HD IRD is an older RCA mpeg-2. I called and complained as HDnet movies was one of my favorite channels. I was told that a notice was sent out to me regarding the package change ( I never got one :confused: ) The operator went on to say that the system would not let her add the $5 extra HD package to my account UNLESS I upgraded to mpeg-4 equipment. :mad:

Needless to say I was pissed, I've been a subscriber to DirecTV since 1995 and have had the $10 HD package for several years just for Discovery HD and HDnet. After speaking to a supervisor, I was told to call back today.

This morning I called back and after being transferred to several different ppl, UHD and HDnet was turned back on and I was finally approved for a free upgrade to Mpeg-4 equipment and dish.

Wow the only notice most got was reading it on a forum, if they frequent one. Directv last in customer service. OOps thats right JD power says they are #1. :rolleyes:

Think about all the subs out there that have never seen the channels they are taking away because they did not know that they were there in the first place ....

Jimbo

Last night i got Universal HD and HDNET movies, but not MHD or smithsonian. I did not order the $5 package.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts