Were You Grandfathered With The HD-Pack? If Not Time Has Ran Out

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well the channels are gone here. I never watched them anyways. I never was notified of the channels going away via call or mail. Only from here. What a crappy thing to do to the customer. I for one won't be paying $5 for 5 extra channels.

RIGHT ON

Thats where your defense of D* has gone too now? That's pathetic.:rolleyes:
BTW bold letters stand out very clearly.
You misunderstand, or you left out the rest of my post on purpose.
I agreed that they probably should have done this, i simply stand by my statement that people would STILL bitch that they didnt know.

Last night i got Universal HD and HDNET movies, but not MHD or smithsonian. I did not order the $5 package.

Still same situation for me. I didnt reup the $5 package, but still Get UHD and HDNET Movies. MHD, Smithsonian, MGM i dont get

You are correct. Your 1st two sentences are clear stand idiotically on there own. IF they are false then change them.:rolleyes:
Look, I dont see whats getting lost in translation for you.
They are not false. That is the reason most would still complain. They do not read each and every word on the statement. Bold, underlined and highlighted in pink pineapple orange, many would still miss it. Most look at what they owe and thats it.

That being said, I dont disagree that it should probably have been put on there, if for no other reason so that they could say, here it is right here. They didnt, they chose to use other avenues of communication that for whatever reason (many of them not their fault) didnt get through to some(or even most?)

Look, I dont see whats getting lost in translation for you.
They are not false. That is the reason most would still complain. They do not read each and every word on the statement. Bold, underlined and highlighted in pink pineapple orange, many would still miss it. Most look at what they owe and thats it.

That being said, I dont disagree that it should probably have been put on there, if for no other reason so that they could say, here it is right here.
ARE YOU BLIND? no, you are not. Then why do you assume everyone else is. If the notice were printed in bold people would see it like the first 3 words of this post. The fact that you assume no one would read it is ridiculous and a desperate attempt to defend them. Do you work for DIRECTV? or are you just that ignorant?

ARE YOU BLIND? no, you are not. Then why do you assume everyone else is. If the notice were printed in bold people would see it like the first 3 words of this post. The fact that you assume no one would read it is ridiculous and a desperate attempt to defend them. Do you work for DIRECTV? or are you just that ignorant?
Vurb, I agree with you on many things, in this instance I dont. We are talking about the general public here. The same group of people that think that just because they have a HD panel they are watching HD content.
Im not going to ask if you are ignorant myself, but you cant honestly sit there and tell me that the majority of the people who get a paper bill read every line of it. Maybe they do, I simply doubt it. There is a large difference in reading every word of a post on FORUM (or the first three words thats start a post :rolleyes:) and reading every word on a bill where the main info you or I want is the dollar amount that I owe for what I receive.

I didn't get Grandfathered in but should've.
Been with D* for 7yrs and they pull this BS!
Inorder to get my Locals in HD I HAD to upgrade, now I get penalized for what they forced me to do..............It ain't right, you Bast@rds

I didn't get Grandfathered in but should've.
Been with D* for 7yrs and they pull this BS!
Inorder to get my Locals in HD I HAD to upgrade, now I get penalized for what they forced me to do..............It ain't right, you Bast@rds

Two assumptions based on your statment:

1. By upgrading you mean to an HR20 from some other receiver to get the MPEG-4 locals.

2. You had distance and/or line of sight issues that kept you from gettting your locals via an OTA antenna.

You don't have to purchase the HD Extra Pack to get your locals in HD do you?

If you do, I'd call D* and plead my case with them and see what they'll do for you.

Good luck and Merry Christmas!

Yes to both 1 & 2
No, I have Total Choice Plus I think it's called..........already had the locals before they went HD with them.
According to their website, they no longer offer Total Choice Plus and if I change I will lose my locals....................To hell with that, I'll keep what I have and the extra 4.99 in my pocket

Yes to both 1 & 2
No, I have Total Choice Plus I think it's called..........already had the locals before they went HD with them.
According to their website, they no longer offer Total Choice Plus and if I change I will lose my locals....................To hell with that, I'll keep what I have and the extra 4.99 in my pocket
How will you lose your locals? They are offered with the new packages.

I have Total Choice Plus and have my HD locals and SD locals. I pay $51.99 for that package. I also get HBO, Starz, HD Access, and DVR service. I have 4 receivers. I didn't have to change my programming package when I got the new HD equipment.

Were You Grandfathered With The HD Pack? If Not Time Has Ran Out

Yes to both 1 & 2

Something doesn't sound right. Call D* and see what they'll do for you.

Until you do that, you don't really know what's available to you.

The HD locals should be available on almost all the packs if your have your local HD channels available via satellite and you have either an H20, HR20 or HR21 receiver.

Yes to both 1 & 2

You can keep Total Choice Plus and add the Extra Pack. You won't lose your locals.

I noticed last night that I wasn't getting about three of the new channels, Smithsonian and a couple others.

Will you be Grandfathered with the HD-pack is a question I'm sure some of you are asking... We are getting indications and rumor's that a Very small percentage of subscribers will be. You will have to fit a certain profile for this to happen...

Directv no longer Grandfathers any packages at all, if you have been grandfathered into a package you will be moved to a current sub sometime in the future I cant remember the date off hand but they will move you. That’s the latest but corporate dose seem to change there mind now and then. I know things are changing at Dtv, looking to make a profit now.

Short answer is, nobody was grandfathered or will be in the future innless the policies change.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)