West Coast HD on East Coast?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mike6097

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
Is it possible to get both the East and West HD DNS feeds? I currently have the East coast as I fall in a grey area in KY. I would love to be able to get both East and West. Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks,
Mike

No. Both east and west coast feeds are allowed for SD, but for HD the eastern and central time zones can only get the east feed and mountain and pacific can only get the west feed.

YES you can!

it's physically possible to have west & east HD locals at your place. the only catch is subscribing to a Canadian sat provider, Star choice or expressvu. Their satellites are on a CONUS bream no matter where you are.

Pick a choice :hungry::eureka

No. Both east and west coast feeds are allowed for SD, but for HD the eastern and central time zones can only get the east feed and mountain and pacific can only get the west feed.

I currently receive both feeds in SD, however, I don't get anything in HD, it tells me channel not purchased. I am on the west coast and have the HD pack and all other HD channels come in. Do I have to purchase the west coast HD feeds separately? Also if I call and ask for them will it affect my current set up of both feeds? I don't subscribe to locals. PS sorry for butting in

I currently receive both feeds in SD, however, I don't get anything in HD, it tells me channel not purchased. I am on the west coast and have the HD pack and all other HD channels come in. Do I have to purchase the west coast HD feeds separately? Also if I call and ask for them will it affect my current set up of both feeds? I don't subscribe to locals. PS sorry for butting in

I believe you have to go through the DNS qualification waivers again to receive HD feeds.

I think the old days of "Don't rock the boat" are gone as many people get notices out of the blue explaining they no longer qualify for these waivers. I still believe in the above advise but should you wish to add anything just make sure to do it via your on-line account & not through the 800#. I think I read a post here a few weeks ago about someone in your situation & when they tried to add the HD-locals via the website they were instructed to contact DTV's 800# for assistance.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)