Western Arc 1000.2 dish proper tuneup procedure

upsss

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
AZ
Assuming you are starting with a weak signal on all 3 satellites. What is the proper WA 1000.2 dish tuneup procedure using the receiver signal strength menu.

Tuning order Azimuth, Elevation, Skew? Which transponders on each satellite do you use, does it matter, do you use a Spot Beam transponder on 129? Satellites order, which one do you start with?

I would start with a service call seeing your question suggests you have little knowledge about what you want to do. I'll let someone else hold your hand and talk you through step by step.

Boba, thanks for your advise but I intend to do it right by myself and you have no clue of my knowledge. My questions relates whether it takes me an hour by trial and error or less than 10 minutes with the proper procedure.

Assuming the mast is perfectly leveled, how accurate are the Elevation and the Skew marking on the Dish? Do you have to retweak them after you adjust the Azimuth for the strongest signal on all 3 satellites?

Assuming the mast is perfectly leveled, how accurate are the Elevation and the Skew marking on the Dish? Do you have to retweak them after you adjust the Azimuth for the strongest signal on all 3 satellites?

They're pretty accurate, but sometimes additional tweaking is needed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts