WFFT Ft Wayne, IN regains Fox affiliation

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Stripped of its Fox affiliation Aug. 1, 2011, Nexstar's WFFT Fort Wayne will return as a Fox affiliate March 1. Fox began airing its network programming on a subchannel of Granite's WISE Fort Wayne 18 months ago, but is again partnering with a primary station.

WFFT was a casualty of a retransmission rift between Nexstar and Fox, one of multiple Nexstar stations to part ways with Fox. It assumed the "Local" branding when it switched to an independent.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/491739-Nexstar_s_WFFT_Fort_Wayne_Back_in_Fox_Fold.php

looks like more to the story

Nexstar Broadcasting has settled an antitrust lawsuit against Granite Broadcasting and WISE, Granite’s NBC and Fox affiliate in Fort Wayne, Ind.

As a result of the settlement, Nexstar’s WFFT will once again become a Fox affiliate after 18 months as an independent station.

WFFT lost its Fox affiliation in 2011. WISE picked up the affiliation, giving Granite control of the Fox, NBC, ABC, CW and MyNetworkTV affiliations in Fort Wayne. Claiming Granite was monopolizing local television sales, Nexstar filed suit in 2011.

In a statement Wednesday, Nexstar said the settlement was “mutually agreed” on, “without any costs being borne by either party.”

“We are looking forward to the return of FOX’s programming to WFFT LOCAL where we are committed to providing the most relevant, compelling and informative content and community-focused programming to our viewers,” VP-GM Bill Ritchhart said in a statement.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/ne...ng-fox-affiliation-to-fort-waynes-wfft_b79808

from the article
WFFT lost its Fox affiliation in 2011. WISE picked up the affiliation, giving Granite control of the Fox, NBC, ABC, CW and MyNetworkTV affiliations in Fort Wayne. Claiming Granite was monopolizing local television sales, Nexstar filed suit in 2011.

my thoughts...oh poor baby :rolleyes:
By the way...My is on the Fox subchannel after the news.

Granite owns NBC and runs ABC.

Thank you Ice they have been in the papers around here wanting there Fox programing back didn't know what has happen yet.

Dan Rose

March 1st it goes back to WFFT 55. It will be leaving WISE-DT2
As to what WISE will put on the DT2 its unknown. I guess if Nexstar doesnt take the My affiliation with them too I assume WISE-DT2 would go back to being a full time My Affiliate
(like they do in Duluth, MN which has the same "Setup"...Granite owns one station and runs the other one Malara "bought"....)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts