WFLI repack (Chattanooga TN market)

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
As a 'just in case,' WFLI (Real 42) Virtual 53.1-.4 is asking OTA watchers to rescan no later than Dec 10th. You can rescan now, as I have, but they take the new channel offline and are still testing guide info and I've noticed signal fluctuations while they test. The crawl says they will compete testing by Dec 2, 2019. New real channel will be channel 23. I've actually noticed it's slightly weaker during the testing phase on the new frequency, even though they are increasing power from 500kw to 550kw on the new frequency. Not an extreme difference, but minor when I check the strength at different intervals. I'd assume this is normal during the testing phase. --Just an FYI for Rabbit Ears-- Thanks, Andy

Sent from my LML212VL using the SatelliteGuys app!

Huh. So WFLI is operating illegally. Always fun.

- Trip
Lol.. I know they had a C.P., and had thought they were to be the 1st few to switch. With an increase by 50kw I was wondering if their new transmitter was moving from Signal Mountain to Waldens Ridge as it's farther away. Difference in signal strength is roughly 10 points up or down. Ironic it shows on my tv as 53.1-.4 AND real 42.1-.4, but obviously at a different signal strength. 42 is the current channel so not sure since transition is after early Dec why my TCL tv and digital to analog converter shows both virtual 53 and real 42, being weaker...

WFLI got permission, last week, to move during Phase 7 instead of Phase 8. Have they moved yet, or is the 12/10 date holding? I'd heard more recently they intended to move 12/6.

- Trip

Reactions: andy_horton
WFLI got permission, last week, to move during Phase 7 instead of Phase 8. Have they moved yet, or is the 12/10 date holding? I'd heard more recently they intended to move 12/6.

- Trip
Trip, official move happened at 10am Dec 6. Did have to rescan, signal here in NW GA is about the same. 8 bay UHF outdoor antenna 15' AGL preamp with 2 way splitter. I'd assume signal might be higher if not split. But still solid signal. Didn't hear too much until about a week or so on any local media (tv or print.) Ad's running yesterday on all Sinclair sister networks. Hope this helps! -- Andy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)