WGN & Starz Edge

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I don't remember where I heard this at but, I heard that one hd channel took up about as much space as 3 or more sd channels.

If this is the case and all they've added was starz! Edge

1) I would like to see them add sundance & sho beyond to the sho pack. I think adding those two channels would make it more worth paying the additional $5.00+ more (price compared to D* & D*) for the package.

or

2)Add 2 additional channels to the starz! encore pack. I would personally like to see Starz! Comedy.

danielle_s said:
I don't remember where I heard this at but, I heard that one hd channel took up about as much space as 3 or more sd channels.

If this is the case and all they've added was starz! Edge
The math isn't that easy. The shift to the new harmonic compression allowed V* to add many channels without dropping any. And they have at least one HD channel that will be added. V* doesn't appear to be done adding channels yet.

JL

Okay, then what in the world happend to WGN ? I thought we would be getting the channel in time for baseball season.

Lucky said:
Okay, then what in the world happend to WGN ? I thought we would be getting the channel in time for baseball season.
Just a thought. Since there is nothing new coming out of VOOM (i.e. the other channels promised in March), maybe everything is on hold pending the rumored announcement of a deal with E*.

E* cannot sit on the HD sideline forever or they are going to get steamrolled by D*, Cable and even AT&T. I wouldn't mind seeing a limited partnership, of sorts, between E* and V* which is beneficial for both parties. We shall see....

kfried001 said:
Just a thought. Since there is nothing new coming out of VOOM (i.e. the other channels promised in March), maybe everything is on hold pending the rumored announcement of a deal with E*.

I guess I missed this... What is the "rumored" announcement of a deal with E*? The last i heard was that C. Ergan would not work with C. Dolan on any deal.. :confused:

riffjim4069 said:
E* cannot sit on the HD sideline forever or they are going to get steamrolled by D*, Cable and even AT&T. I wouldn't mind seeing a limited partnership, of sorts, between E* and V* which is beneficial for both parties. We shall see....

You have hit the nail right square on the head. E* needs everything V* has to offer or this summer E* will most definitely be steam rolled as you said but it is not just beneficial to both of them, but to us as well. Wish we would get some type of news and our WGN which is still nowhere to be seen.

Lucky said:
Tonight's game is on CSN Chicago and not on WGN anyways - and thanks to the Bulls game tonight the game will be joined in progress with only select Comcast subscribers with "CSN+" being able to see the whole game.

WGN does have the home opener on Friday (and had the blowout opener yesterday). Perhaps Voom will get moving in time for Friday?

JL

god i love it, thats one thing that just upsets me with voom is the customer service. It just seems that the customer service and the actual voom company are on two completely different planets, thinking 2 completely different things.

I recieved a letter from them, saying they added channels, and give's a list, and WGN is specifically one of the channels they said they added. Since i didn't see it in my program guide, i called up customer service to find out why i recieved a letter from voom stating this channel was added, but I do not see it in my program guide, and all the rep said was "we currently have no comment on WGN". WTF is that, you send your customers a letter saying you added it, then when you didn't you say no comment.

predated printout

djjsin said:
god i love it, thats one thing that just upsets me with voom is the customer service. It just seems that the customer service and the actual voom company are on two completely different planets, thinking 2 completely different things.

I recieved a letter from them, saying they added channels, and give's a list, and WGN is specifically one of the channels they said they added. Since i didn't see it in my program guide, i called up customer service to find out why i recieved a letter from voom stating this channel was added, but I do not see it in my program guide, and all the rep said was "we currently have no comment on WGN". WTF is that, you send your customers a letter saying you added it, then when you didn't you say no comment.

The letter you received was printed prior to the date WGN was scheduled to be added. For some reason, that only Voom Corporate knows about, WGN was not added. The CSR's received a memo that they were not to discuss WGN with the clients at all, they were not given a reason why. They, we, do not know at this time. By the way, we did not have anything to do with that letter going out to you, nor did we have anything to do with the fact that WGN was not added. Those are all Voom Corp. decisions, ie; Voom company. If you would really like to file a complaint then call a CSR and get the Voom Corporate address and write them. They'll probably tell you that all promises of programming are forward looking and are not guaranteed, just like their disclaimers state.

see thats exactly the problem though, to me the consumer, voom corporate and the customer service should act as one entity, which it clearly isn't.

"By the way, we (customer service) did not have anything to do with that letter going out to you, nor did we have anything to do with the fact that WGN was not added"

This right here is exactly what my biggest pet peeve with corporations today is. There's no accountability. I don't care if voom customer service and voom corporate are 2 different things. To me as a consumer, it should all be transparent. Companies now a day's are doing to much, well it wasn't my department it was that department blaming, which isn't an excuse IMO. I love voom, but this sort of corporate structure just pisses me off. Though i know its not the customer services fault, they are the one's taking the calls from the customers, i can't call up corporate now can I?

Bottom line, company sends letter saying this channel is added, channel is not added, i call up customer service, they say no comment. :confused:

Blame Game

djjsin said:
see thats exactly the problem though, to me the consumer, voom corporate and the customer service should act as one entity, which it clearly isn't.

"By the way, we (customer service) did not have anything to do with that letter going out to you, nor did we have anything to do with the fact that WGN was not added"

This right here is exactly what my biggest pet peeve with corporations today is. There's no accountability. I don't care if voom customer service and voom corporate are 2 different things. To me as a consumer, it should all be transparent. Companies now a day's are doing to much, well it wasn't my department it was that department blaming, which isn't an excuse IMO. I love voom, but this sort of corporate structure just pisses me off. Though i know its not the customer services fault, they are the one's taking the calls from the customers, i can't call up corporate now can I?

Bottom line, company sends letter saying this channel is added, channel is not added, i call up customer service, they say no comment. :confused:

My apologies for not being clearer, I thought I was giving you the reason you received the response from Customer Service that you did. Which, by the way, was not the right response at all. The no comment phrase was suppose to be reserved for members of the press that were calling in trying to get inside info after the Feb 28th deadline came and went. That CSR should have apologized and informed you that at the current time they did not have any information on that subject.

Believe me, most CSR's are just as pissed off as you are on corporate structuring. We hear the complaints and see the problems on a daily basis and can do absolutely nothing about it. We can give our opinions, but they don't count for much. Why? Because we don't have a business degree, therefore, we don't know what we are talking about.

"see thats exactly the problem though, to me the consumer, voom corporate and the customer service should act as one entity, which it clearly isn't".

The above statement is exactly why I told you to get the Corporate address, they won't listen to us, they need to hear from you, the Consumer. I'll even save the the trouble of having to go thru all those security questions when you call in, here's the address:

Voom
attn: Customer Relations Dept.
200 Jericho Quadrangle
Jericho, NY 11750

Look, all CSR departments work the same for all satellite services. When a memo is produced then the CSR can talk about it. Otherwise it's business as usual. Actually all businesses work pretty much that way. When it comes from the top in memo duplicate and triplicate....then you can talk about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts