WGN & Starz Edge

spahoose said:
WGN will only be on voom sat for non-Chigago residence. If you live in Chigago it will be on channel 19...
Channel 19 is OTA. So I can't imagine they would put it there here in the Chicago area. Also, does WGN superstation show different programming then WGN OTA does here in Chicago? I thought I had heard at one time that they sometimes black-out the Cubs games on the superstation?

39 channels

BFG said:
Starz Edge will replace Encore HD, to keep the Starz pack at 9 channels.

The Removal of Encore HD Will bring them back down the 36 HD Channels, they've never had the full 39 Channels up... So now there will be 3 HD test spots waiting for a channel...
Would't you think that is false advertizement. They must be sensitive. And.. its been like that for awhile.

Update?

When I left for work this morning, there was no information on any new channels after I pushed the VOOM button. Are they up and running now?

mindstein said:
Would't you think that is false advertizement. They must be sensitive. And.. its been like that for awhile.

I think pretty soon they'll be up to 38, so only missing 1 channel tehn. Although one of those channels will only be part time...

BFG said:
I think pretty soon they'll be up to 38, so only missing 1 channel tehn. Although one of those channels will only be part time...

What do you know, what we don't know..... We like the Scott phrases with 'hidden' (ahum) messages, remember? :)

Local WGN is Chicago's WB affiliate. So, when WGN is showing Gilmore Girls, Superstation WGN is showing 4th run movies.

That's the reason why they can't provide the HD feed outside of the Chicago area.

riffjim4069 said:
I take it Starz Edge will replace EncoreHD. I would rather have EncoreHD!!!
Me TOO any time we lose a HD cjannel it is a MAJOR step backward....... I called STAZZZZZZ and they said not enough folks were watching it.. Well I hope that OLN2 HD will be making it on Voom soon....

Yeah, what happend to WGN ? Baseball season is now here, and I cannot see any Cub games on VOOM. What happend, I thought WGN was coming to VOOM ?

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
Yeah, me too.....where is WGN and they were suppose to add Turner South too.

Will we all get Turner South? I've never understood why it wasn't offered everywhere.

Not everybody will get Turner South because the contracts for programming cover a specific region, and the pro sports have a LOT to do with it. I haven't heard or seen anything about Turner South on any lists of what's coming on Voom.

Well Tuner Broadcasting said theses HD channels will launch this year according to an interview.

Coming soon...
Tuner South HD
TBS HD
TCM HD
Cartoon Network HD

DBSOgre said:
Not everybody will get Turner South because the contracts for programming cover a specific region, and the pro sports have a LOT to do with it. I haven't heard or seen anything about Turner South on any lists of what's coming on Voom.

I had no idea they did sports. I thought it was another movie channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)