What a load of *#*#!

pfan1981

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Green Bay, WI
I called CS today because I noticed on their site that I could have an entirely HD lineup for a lot less than I am paying now.

As a customer whom only watches HD I thought "Great!, I'll switch to this and save a bunch of money". Called CS and this offer only works with customers signing up since september. I was taken back and told them that their loyal customers should be able to renew their agreement for any promotion. They did not agree.

The CSR went on to say that they will be opening up these programming options to current customers in feb of 09. hence the title, "what a load of *#*#!"

They should treat their loyal customers even better than new ones so that we spread the word to other nonsubscribers.

ticked in green bay,

pfan

Sorry you should have paid attention back then:) that deal was long gone. E* never wanted people to switch to that one, they made that package just to stop some subs from leaving.

As long as your not on any contract, they will let you sign up for one of the new Turbo HD only packages if you email ceo@dishnetwork.com or find a number that surpasses the 1st level of customer service. I know a few people who have done this that are current subscribers.

Oh for sure. I think we all know that once you get to a supervisor that miracles happen everyday. Sometimes, you don't want the headache of getting to this person. I wrote an email to the above mentioned email and I'll see what comes of it. You constantly refer people to DISH and this is the thanks you get.

Very frustrating, but I'll see if I can resolve it.

pfan

The official reason it's not available to existing customers is that Dish is afraid that customers switching will be upset and call to complain their favorite channel (such as MSNBC or FOX) or their HD locals are not included. By February, many more HD channels are supposed to be added so the restriction on existing customers switching will be removed.

Didn't they say on one of the chats a few months ago it wouldn't be available to existing subs until Feb. anyways?

S~

I called CS today because I noticed on their site that I could have an entirely HD lineup for a lot less than I am paying now.

As a customer whom only watches HD I thought "Great!, I'll switch to this and save a bunch of money". Called CS and this offer only works with customers signing up since september. I was taken back and told them that their loyal customers should be able to renew their agreement for any promotion. They did not agree.

The CSR went on to say that they will be opening up these programming options to current customers in feb of 09. hence the title, "what a load of *#*#!"

They should treat their loyal customers even better than new ones so that we spread the word to other nonsubscribers.

ticked in green bay,

pfan

This is one reason why Dish is in the shape they're in. They sign up lot's and lot's of subscribers but still have a net loss for the last two quarters due to not being able to retain existing customers. Why? They don't seem to treat customers very well after they're signed up since I guess they figure what can they do when they're locked into a 2 year agreement.

This is one reason why Dish is in the shape they're in. They sign up lot's and lot's of subscribers but still have a net loss for the last two quarters due to not being able to retain existing customers. Why? They don't seem to treat customers very well after they're signed up since I guess they figure what can they do when they're locked into a 2 year agreement.
For me, it was 2+ years of DishHD-Lite that drove me away. E* is no longer a Value Leader, they are not a HD Leader, and their customer service has tanked thanks to outsourcing. Sure, their HD DVR is the best in the industry, but until they get a handle on value, quality and customer service, all the "bells & whistles" on their new receivers aren't going to stop them from bleeding out.

The official reason it's not available to existing customers is that Dish is afraid that customers switching will be upset and call to complain their favorite channel (such as MSNBC or FOX) or their HD locals are not included. By February, many more HD channels are supposed to be added so the restriction on existing customers switching will be removed.

Is anyone else cynical enough to note that February is generally the month for the DISH rate hikes and restructuring?

i do understand the channels I would lose, but I would be OK with it. I only watch HD and for the most part local HD, TLC, TBS, ESPN, NFL all in HD.

Any existing offers should be available to current customers willing to renew their 2 yr agreement.

Think about it........i'm referring people that are getting this package that I want to save myself ~$20/mo.........UNFAIR

pfan

Is anyone else cynical enough to note that February is generally the month for the DISH rate hikes and restructuring?

Hasn't that been the history there? Except for suddenly removing so called less popular channels.

Think about it........i'm referring people that are getting this package that I want to save myself ~$20/mo.........UNFAIR

pfan
I stopped referring friends when the Yankees started their own channel (YES) a few years ago as I am in the NYC DMA and almost everyone I know is interested in this channel.

It wasn't so bad when the Yankees were on the Fox Sports channel but I am tired of loosing friends over this.

Didn't they say on one of the chats a few months ago it wouldn't be available to existing subs until Feb. anyways?

S~

They said a long time ago, just about days after this tier was made available to new subs, that Feb '09 was when it would be available to all subs. Only, Charlie claimed it was the software on the billing computers (this was the source of big problems in the past), that it was complex, but that they want this offered to all subs and Feb '09 was the time cited. Don't get mad at me; I am just telling you what Charlie said.

This type of offer is not real uncommon. Our local cable company has offers for new subscribers all the time that aren't available to existing subs. Newspapers have new subscriber offers. Magazines too.

The OP is ticked off because this particular offer affects HIM. C'mon. Open your eyes.

I AGREE!!!

The OP got a dish, lnb, cabling, and prolly a $500 HD DVR for nuthin, and wants to change his package now.
Just wait a cupl months!!!!!

DISH treated you good from the get-go.

fred

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)