What a season by Hanley Ramirez....

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
....Man, if there was no strange alien from another planet named Albert Puhjols in the National League, I think he would be considered THE best player in the game...or atleast top 2. The guy is in the top 10 in every single offensive category except home runs(in the top 20) in the NL. His fielding has improved A TON and as of right now, only the Phillies Jimmy Rollins has less.

Right now, the top 3 players are:

1. Albert Puhjols
2. Joe Mauer
2a. Hanley Ramirez

Right now, the top 3 players are:

1. Albert Puhjols
2. Joe Mauer
2a. Hanley Ramirez

Couldn't agree more, and I'm lucky enough to have two of those players (Ramirez and Mauer) on my Sat Guys fantasy team! :up:D

There is no better example of the proverbial "trade that benefited both teams", than the Marlins-Red Sox trade in the 05-06 offseason.

There's no doubt that the Sox don't win the '07 World Series without Josh Beckett and Mike Lowell, and the Marlins have the player that IMO, ANY team would start a team with in Han-Ram. Also, Anibal Sanchez could still pan out for the Marlins.

Couldn't agree more, and I'm lucky enough to have two of those players (Ramirez and Mauer) on my Sat Guys fantasy team! :up:D

There is no better example of the proverbial "trade that benefited both teams", than the Marlins-Red Sox trade in the 05-06 offseason.

There's no doubt that the Sox don't win the '07 World Series without Josh Beckett and Mike Lowell, and the Marlins have the player that IMO, ANY team would start a team with in Han-Ram. Also, Anibal Sanchez could still pan out for the Marlins.

Yeah....now they have ANOTHER former Marlin playing SS for them and quite possibly, the most underrated SS in the majors(glove wise) in the last 5-10 years, Alex Gonzalez.

We down here, affectionately have called the Red Sox...Marlinsville or Marlins North.

I ended up trading in my league Hanley for Utley and Bartlett....ended up getting a good deal by Hanley is having a great year none the less.

Yeah....now they have ANOTHER former Marlin playing SS for them and quite possibly, the most underrated SS in the majors(glove wise) in the last 5-10 years, Alex Gonzalez.

We down here, affectionately have called the Red Sox...Marlinsville or Marlins North.

Yup......Gonzo was the Sox SS in 2006.

There have been several Sox shortstops since Nomar left in July 2004, but Gonzo was my favorite.

Especially when you consider he was sandwiched in between two of Theo Epstein's biggest mistakes, Edgar Renteria and Julio Lugo.

Hanley Ramirez will be back with the Redsox, they tried getting him this past off season, but Marlins asked too much. The Redsox got so manny good players in the minors they should of pulled off a trade, SS is one of our weakest links.

Hanley Ramirez will be back with the Redsox, they tried getting him this past off season, but Marlins asked too much. The Redsox got so manny good players in the minors they should of pulled off a trade, SS is one of our weakest links.

Not gonna happen. With the new stadium coming in a couple of years...the Marlins will be built around Hanley and Josh Johnson.

...We down here, affectionately have called the Red Sox...Marlinsville or Marlins North....
The Boston Bruins and Washington Capitals exchanged about half their teams a decade or so ago. It didn't make either of them better, and it confused the hell out of fans listening to the games on the radio.

If Ramirez stays healthy and has ten more years that are almost as good as his last couple, he'll be a first ballot hall-of-famer, but if the Red Sox had the opportunity to reconsider the "Beckett plus baggage (Mike Lowell) for Ramirez" trade, they'd do it again in a second. You have to give something to get something. Ramirez is something. So are the 2007 World Series rings.

I remember when the Celtics lost out on getting Charley Scott, they made up their collective minds that they would somehow get him come hell or high water, and had to give away Paul Westfall to do so. The only way I see the Marlins giving up Ramirez is if they decide it is time for another financail housecleaning.

The only way I see the Marlins giving up Ramirez is if they decide it is time for another financail housecleaning.

Like I said....the Marlins deal is SO SWEET for their pockets...they will not give up him or Josh Johnson. IF they do, they was run the management out of here with even LESS support they have already.

Woah there cowboy! Never say never. Did you ever think they would have traded Cabrera? I for one am glad they did. You want Willis back?;)

Yes...I did. I KNEW that even when Lowell signed a contract extention for a ton of money...that was all smoke and mirrors. AND they did NOT have the sweet deal they have now.

Not gonna happen. With the new stadium coming in a couple of years...the Marlins will be built around Hanley and Josh Johnson.

How long does H-Ram have remaining on his contract? When he's a free agent, he's going to be one of the highest paid players in the game. I don't see him taking a 40mil dollar hometown discount to stay with the Marlins. I've said it 100 times and I'll say it again - - - baseball needs a salary cap.

How long does H-Ram have remaining on his contract? When he's a free agent, he's going to be one of the highest paid players in the game. I don't see him taking a 40mil dollar hometown discount to stay with the Marlins. I've said it 100 times and I'll say it again - - - baseball needs a salary cap.

AMEN to that!

They do have one.....but they call it a luxury tax and it is too high.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)