What a yankee Opener!!

Funny thread. That stadium looks like a monstrosity. Big, luxurious, tons of amenities. Did somebody forget about the baseball experience? That thing looks so overkill and reminds me why I only games when I am NOT in the Northeast (Cincinnati, Denver, Anaheim, etc.). No thanks Georgie Porgie.

Great start to the House that Greed built - 2 of the first 3 games the Yankees had their $%^&* handed to them! ;) I wonder if there is a secret chamber in the ballpark that when George passes, his coffin or urn will be placed there so he can be with the Yankees forever.

Great start to the House that Greed built - 2 of the first 3 games the Yankees had their $%^&* handed to them! ;) I wonder if there is a secret chamber in the ballpark that when George passes, his coffin or urn will be placed there so he can be with the Yankees forever.
I know three games is a SSS, but balls are jumping out of the park....

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4080195"]New Yankee Stadium a home run nightmare - ESPN[/ame]

Yes,
It's right next to the BoSox jersey (same place it was located) :D

Anyone else notice all of the empty seats in the big padded luxury seat area? The rest of the stadium was packed for the inaugural 4 game opening series, but huge blocks of those $2,600 seats were completely empty. Maybe Georgie overpriced/overvalued the seats, eh?

Interesting article about the dimesions in the new YS. Apparently they're not exactly the same as the old YS:

But if we look at a little closer, there are a few signs indicating that Yankee Stadium may play as a hitter’s park. First, note the decreased foul territory and the reduced space behind home plate. Much has been made about this feature because it draws the people in the lower levels closer to the field. At the same time, it takes away outs from the pitchers and puts those balls in the seat. Down the lines, we see the same thing. There’s less room in the corners and thus less space for outs. Advantage offense.

What I think is the most significant feature though is the shape of the wall. The graphic clearly shows that the walls at old Yankee Stadium featured a gentle curve. The new Stadium displays fewer curves and more straight lines to accommodate the seats that hug the wall and stretch far into the outfield.

Anticipating a hitters’ park | River Avenue Blues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)