What Am I doing wrong?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mwaageba

Original poster
Jun 13, 2009
Canada
Absolute newbie here - sorry if some of these questions are already answered elsewhere - but I have been browsing forums and am totally confused.

We are Star Choice transfers. We went out and got a Kbox receiver and thought we would try and see what satellites we can get while our dish and LNB are aimed at the satellite - however, i do not know which satellite they use - or what the setting is.

I believe they are using AnikF1 - so figured we should be able to pick up ANYTHING that is on there (I know it will be scrambled - we just want to make sure the receiver works.)

As I sit here - it is merrily scanning - byt doesn't come up with anything. How do we know what type of settings to use (frequency, search type, network?)

If someone could give a little direction on what my next step is - I would Really appreciate it

Thank you

On AnikF1 there are only a couple scrambled channels that the KBox would get. Star Choice (Shaw Direct) is mainly on this satellite and they use a different scheme to pick up channels

If you have the quad LNB AnikF2 has a couple scrambled channels too

settings are
LNB Freq 10750
22K OFF for AnikF1 (107.3), 22k ON for AnikF2 (111.1)

Thank you Iceberg - really quick response - and saving many arguments here.

We tried running that (actually on both) but nothing came up

We have the elliptical dish and the LNB that does not look like a flashlight - more like a figure eight sideways. There are 4 terminals that come out of it - but only one is used

The Kbox has two choices for the quad/twin/OCS each + universal and single - we've tried running a mixture of these.

The other odd thing is the 'level' on the scanning bar is regularly red at 92% or so but the quality remains around 20%

As Iceberg said, KBox can not decode Shaw signal, scrambled or not. Pick another sat to catch and re-aim your dish, making also sure your LNB can catch its signal type.

We have the elliptical dish and the LNB that does not look like a flashlight - more like a figure eight sideways. There are 4 terminals that come out of it - but only one is used
yes that is the quad LNB. I have one of them too on my Starchocie 75e dish

The Kbox has two choices for the quad/twin/OCS each + universal and single - we've tried running a mixture of these.
it would be single and LNB frequency 10750

The other odd thing is the 'level' on the scanning bar is regularly red at 92% or so but the quality remains around 20%
that is normal....bars turn green when it locks onto a signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.