What Am I doing wrong?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mwaageba

Jun 13, 2009
Canada
Absolute newbie here - sorry if some of these questions are already answered elsewhere - but I have been browsing forums and am totally confused.

We are Star Choice transfers. We went out and got a Kbox receiver and thought we would try and see what satellites we can get while our dish and LNB are aimed at the satellite - however, i do not know which satellite they use - or what the setting is.

I believe they are using AnikF1 - so figured we should be able to pick up ANYTHING that is on there (I know it will be scrambled - we just want to make sure the receiver works.)

As I sit here - it is merrily scanning - byt doesn't come up with anything. How do we know what type of settings to use (frequency, search type, network?)

If someone could give a little direction on what my next step is - I would Really appreciate it

Thank you

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
On AnikF1 there are only a couple scrambled channels that the KBox would get. Star Choice (Shaw Direct) is mainly on this satellite and they use a different scheme to pick up channels

If you have the quad LNB AnikF2 has a couple scrambled channels too

settings are
LNB Freq 10750
22K OFF for AnikF1 (107.3), 22k ON for AnikF2 (111.1)

mwaageba

Jun 13, 2009
Canada
Thank you Iceberg - really quick response - and saving many arguments here.

We tried running that (actually on both) but nothing came up

We have the elliptical dish and the LNB that does not look like a flashlight - more like a figure eight sideways. There are 4 terminals that come out of it - but only one is used

The Kbox has two choices for the quad/twin/OCS each + universal and single - we've tried running a mixture of these.

The other odd thing is the 'level' on the scanning bar is regularly red at 92% or so but the quality remains around 20%

zamar23

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 5, 2009
Mid West
As Iceberg said, KBox can not decode Shaw signal, scrambled or not. Pick another sat to catch and re-aim your dish, making also sure your LNB can catch its signal type.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
We have the elliptical dish and the LNB that does not look like a flashlight - more like a figure eight sideways. There are 4 terminals that come out of it - but only one is used
yes that is the quad LNB. I have one of them too on my Starchocie 75e dish

The Kbox has two choices for the quad/twin/OCS each + universal and single - we've tried running a mixture of these.
it would be single and LNB frequency 10750

The other odd thing is the 'level' on the scanning bar is regularly red at 92% or so but the quality remains around 20%
that is normal....bars turn green when it locks onto a signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts