Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I have been outside working on my C Band dish all morning. I now have it scanning the entire arc (Well I tested it from 87 to 131) and I am doing good, lots of transponders over the are over 80 (some even as high as 95) for a signal!

But I am having one issue. While I am locking in GREAT on one polarity I am getting ZIPPO on the opposite polarity.

The LNB is a DMSI BSC621-2 C/KU Band LNB. (No I haven't tried tinkering with the KU side.)

The BOX where the switch is when pointed at 11 o clock I get all the vertical and with the box aimed at 1 o clock I get all horizontal.

There are no markings on the LNB at all.

I get great signals with the LNB almost all the way out of the holder, and the same results with it pushed in about half way.

So what am I doing wrong?

i would start by measuring the voltage at the end of the cable where your lnb is....measure it on a H tp and then measure it on a V tp....that way you can determine if the receiver is sending the correct voltage to change the polarity.....

I think I may have figured it out... The satellite meter is not sending out different voltage for each polarity...

Dont think this meter was setup to handle a LNB like this...

I swapped the LNB out with a BSC621 and got signals. (Not as good as the 621-2...) But the meter supports the BSC621... but apparently not the 621-2.

So I will grab my haier TV and my receiver and head out side.

I was probably locked on both all along. :D

BTW just for grins and giggles I gave the KU a shot and am also getting good signals on the KU side of things. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts