What am I doing wrong?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I have been outside working on my C Band dish all morning. I now have it scanning the entire arc (Well I tested it from 87 to 131) and I am doing good, lots of transponders over the are over 80 (some even as high as 95) for a signal!

But I am having one issue. While I am locking in GREAT on one polarity I am getting ZIPPO on the opposite polarity.

The LNB is a DMSI BSC621-2 C/KU Band LNB. (No I haven't tried tinkering with the KU side.)

The BOX where the switch is when pointed at 11 o clock I get all the vertical and with the box aimed at 1 o clock I get all horizontal.

There are no markings on the LNB at all.

I get great signals with the LNB almost all the way out of the holder, and the same results with it pushed in about half way.

So what am I doing wrong?

i would start by measuring the voltage at the end of the cable where your lnb is....measure it on a H tp and then measure it on a V tp....that way you can determine if the receiver is sending the correct voltage to change the polarity.....

I think I may have figured it out... The satellite meter is not sending out different voltage for each polarity...

Dont think this meter was setup to handle a LNB like this...

I swapped the LNB out with a BSC621 and got signals. (Not as good as the 621-2...) But the meter supports the BSC621... but apparently not the 621-2.

So I will grab my haier TV and my receiver and head out side.

I was probably locked on both all along. :D

BTW just for grins and giggles I gave the KU a shot and am also getting good signals on the KU side of things. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts