What antenna do I have? And will it work with

vsheetz

Original poster
Feb 19, 2012
SoCal
Please bear with me, first post here and new to this satellite stuff... :)

I have an antenna I obtained - recent vintage, says Dish HD in large letters on the dish, oval in shape, and has 3 LNB - no model number on it that I see. Can someone hlep identify the model from this info?

And will it work with Dish VIP211k receiver?

Thanks!

sounds like a Dish 1000.2 and yes it will work on a 211k

If you remove the LNB does it come off as one or is each one separate?

There are several ways to tell what kind of dish you have. First of all are their two of the eyes connected on the lnbf? Or are all the eyes seperate?. Of the eyes are connected on one side then you have a hd eadtern arc dish, if the eyes are seperate then you have a hd western arc. Also check the settings on the back of the dish. If the settings are 76 on the skew and 44 on the elevation then its an eastern arc, or if the settings are 126 on the skew and 33bon the elevation then its a western arc.

Here are pictures, please confirm 1000.2 - thanks!

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPG

The 1000.4 Western arc is basically a larger version of the 1000.2. And it will work, just double check the skew and elevation settings match your zip code.
Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

Please bear with me, first post here and new to this satellite stuff... :)

I have an antenna I obtained - recent vintage, says Dish HD in large letters on the dish, oval in shape, and has 3 LNB - no model number on it that I see. Can someone hlep identify the model from this info?

And will it work with Dish VIP211k receiver?

Thanks!
YES!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts