What are my 4.2.2 options?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chadg2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Maiden Rock, WI
I WAS in the market for an AZbox, but all I read about are the bugs in the software. I can't have all those bugs. My OpenBox S-10 works perfectly as far as moving my c-band dish and other ku-band only dish using a 4-port diseqc swith. I want the 4.2.2 feeds. Has anyone slaved a AZbox off a Openbox receiver? If the bugs are in the dish moving and lnbf switching, I could just slave the AZ and enter the freq of the 4.2.2 feed when I find one on my OpenBox. It's a very expensive add on, but it sounds like my only option at this point. I can't use a bug filled receiver as the main unit. I would go crazy. My OpenBox has enough little bugs, but I can live with them. I can't have a receiver that locks up when moving a dish, or needs rebooting all the time to watch a program. Thanks.

The other option is what I do. PC and a DVB card :) Of course my microHD will let me record the 4.2.2 and then I can play it on the computer also.

My OpenBox will let me record 4.2.2 also, but when I go to play it on my computer it's broke up into 3-5 minute files of the show. Do you get these files you have to watch (1) at a time of the recording? Thanks.

My preference for 422 is Azbox elite hd.
Secondly a Prof 7500 connected to my Laptop. And thirly .. actually no 3rd reason.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Prof 7301 PCI in the HTPC slaved to the micro. Takes 30 seconds to enter the parameters, scan and watch any 4:2:2 service.

My preference for 422 is Azbox elite hd....

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Same here. I blindscan with my Pansat 9200HD, and if I come across a signal with audio & no video, enter transponder/symbol rate in Elite HD and boom! Watching 4:2:2! :D

have owned az Premium still have Premium + and a Ultra they are not bugy
one simple rule do not delete a tp before deleting the channel(s) first.
had them since aug 09
do not scan radio because they are easy to forget when deleting the tp's, for me that is true.
people use them as movers, i don't use 2 8x1 diseqc 1 for ku 1 for cband with a 22k
good luck

For a STB solution to receive 4.2.2, your options are:

AzBox Premium HD (now discontinued)
AzBox Elite (now discontinued)
Azbox Ultra (now discontinued)
AzBox Premium HD Plus (out of production but a few new AUTHENTIC units are still available)
AzBox Me (now discontinued)
AzBox miniMe American Edition (current model)

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Last edited:
Same here. I blindscan with my Pansat 9200HD, and if I come across a signal with audio & no video, enter transponder/symbol rate in Elite HD and boom! Watching 4:2:2! :D

NICE NICE.. since my Azbox elite HD cant do BS then I do it with the Prof 7500 + BLScan and get the info from there. If am lazy I watch it on the 7500 directly with XPS13 lappy.. but it always ends up on the AZb promptly.

I use to use a Digitrans 7150 which does 4:2:2 too. Manual entry for everything and once in a while the audio didnt work (long story...plenty of info here on it)

Will the AZbox Elite do 4.2.2 and what will I miss getting the Elite vs. Premium +?

Elite & Premium has weaker tuner vs Premium + & Ultra not a lot but a little.

ps. i would not buy from PwrSurge AzBox Canada because of clone killing software and clone statements he has made.

ps. i would not buy from PwrSurge AzBox Canada because of clone killing software and clone statements he has made.

There won't be any clone killing software released as we are dealing with this issue in another way. An official statement will soon be made.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

sorry but will never deal with any seller that ever endorsed clone killing software for a minute. imo it shows a seller caring very little about the end user.
a wise seller only makes statements about serving end user. like "we have a sale going on" "were offering a discount for repeat customers" not of clone killing software and clones in general. clones are issues for mfg not dealers.

There won't be any clone killing software released as we are dealing with this issue in another way.

Best regards,
PwrSurge
AzBox Canada
even that statement above sounds erie at best...... Frankenstein stuff imo

I can't understand why the AZbox won't properly display all stations. I've heard it won't display Escapes Channel on Galaxy 16? If this is true, are their any FTA 4.2.2 channels this receiver won't display?

My Elite HD plays Escapes fine. I haven't found a 4:2:2 feed it wouldn't play yet. Escapes isn't 4:2:2.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts