What are my best options...........

ucrazy51

Original poster
Jul 27, 2005
I just added a 2nd HDTV. I currently have an 811 hooked up to1 HDTV. 625 hooked up to the new HDTV and a 3rd SD TV. I like the DVR on the 625 but would like to utilize the HD capability on the new set.

I can lease an additional 811 for $100. Any suggestions that might make more sense. Dual HD receiver with DVR?? Any upcoming changes I should wait on before upgrading. I receive my locals OTA. Thanks in advance

Wait till February to see what's going on. All kind of HD changes are coming, You will need 2 HD receivers for 2 HDTV's.

Getting the 942, or the 622 won't do you any good for 2 HDTV's, the TV2 output only does SD not HD.

Last edited:
Since you have 2 HD TVs and a SD TV with an 811 already, the 942 or 622 will work just fine for you. You'll have to have the receiver at the HD TV to get the HD, and then backfeed to the SD TV.

volkodav said:
Since you have 2 HD TVs and a SD TV with an 811 already, the 942 or 622 will work just fine for you. You'll have to have the receiver at the HD TV to get the HD, and then backfeed to the SD TV.

Was talking to a CSR last evening....having about $100. of "mysterious"
charges removed from my account....I did ask about the "new" mpeg4
services. He mentioned that it looks like there will be 3 rcvr options,
but we will have to wait til Feb 1st to bombard them with orders :)
He said he was just given the info over the last day or so.....so take
that for what it's worth...I was just glad to get those "mysterious"
charges removed. :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)