What are my options (got 211 need 622)

Clint3200

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
I have browsed this site recently and enjoy the topics....here is my question.

I am a new sub. I was previously with D*. When I signed up I chose the 211 with the HD gold pack. I already have a stand alone DVD-recorder which we used to record shows from D*...

Anyway, I have had E* for 5 weeks and just recently realized I messed up and should've gone with the 622. My DVD recorder cannot record HD (I know I should've thought of that sooner, but I was gone for 2 weeks and had not even thought of recording things yet).

So, I call the CSR at E* to ask about swapping the receivers out and she said since I was past the first 30 days (by 8 days), I would have to pay additional upfront fee ($98 i think), additional $11 fee per month and add another 18 months to the current 17 month contract. Can this be correct?

What, if anything can I do?

Thanks for any suggestions.

no not really! you can add the vip622 for $199.99 they will restart your contract when installed and throw away your first contract. the $11 is the dvr fee and lease fee $5.99 plus $4.99. read through the board there are a lot of other fees that could apply if you don't do certain things like hd fee if you drop hd/ phone fee if not connected/ if you get the top two hd packs the dvr fee is waved and so on. if they are offering you the vip 622 for $98 call them back right now and accept the deal!!!! have they given you the $200 back in $20mo yet if not you should fill the form out on line.

You response sounds very reasonable and what I expected. THe CSR made it sound like there was no "starting over"...and the contract would be for 3 yrs....

I have done the 200 back promo, but not seen it yet.

Thanks for the input. I'll try to get someone who speaks English tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts